BDP5200 Latest Firmware upgrade (V1.42) has been released
• V1.42 is only released for BDP5200/05, /12, /51, /55, /79, X/78
• BDP5200/98 and K/93 still use V1.31
V1.42 includes the following changes:
• YouTube Leanback app is added to NetTV.
The former firmware version includes the following changes:
• Upgrade Facebook application in NetTV. (V1.35)
• Improve playability on ‘HBO Eastbound and Down Season 2’. (V1.35)
• Improve playback operation on rental movies from online video stores via Net TV. (V1.35)
• Remove an unwanted screen saver when playback ‘.mkv’ files from USB flash drive. (V1.35)
• Enable Videociety online video store via Net TV in Germany and Austria. (V1.35)
• Solves the issues with VideoCity VOD service. (v1.31)
• Fixes the issues found on the following Blu-ray discs: (v1.31)
o HBO True Blood Season 3, unintended graphics in the Bonus feature menu Trueblood lines.
o Sherlock Holmes, intermittent narration in Live screening feature.
o Jumanji, unable to select subtitles from the Subtitle list.
• Also fixes the following issues: (v1.31)
o BDP auto exit to VOD main page when perform fast forward during buffering.
o Screen Saver is activated after 15-20 mins playback of mkv file in HDD.
• Added a ‘Fast Wake-up’ feature. It allows your player to wake up much faster from power standby. After software upgrade, go to ‘Setup’ then ‘Preferences’ to enable this new feature.(v1.16)
• Enable ‘Smartphone Control’ feature. Now, you can use your smartphone (i.e., iPhone, iPod Touch and Android phone) to be a remote control of your player. You can download the app ‘MyRemote’ from AppStore for Apple devices or App Market for Android devices. (v1.16)
• Fixes the following issues: (v1.16)
o Improve playback in CatchUp TV Services:
‘Uitzending Gemist’ for Netherlands
‘ATRE’ service for Germany & Austria
o Improve playback in VideoStore Services using ASF streams:
‘VIDEOLAND’ for Netherlands
o Correct display information of the local display on the player.
o Enable a online video store service - ‘Videociety’ in Germany.
Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/support
Since firmware upgrade myremote not working
My bdp5200/12 updated this moring ever since the update myremote or android is not not detecting the player
I have a msi windpad enjoy 7 had no problems before update, I then uninstalled myremote for my tab and installed the latest version on the market and still nothing
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Help player stuck when updating
Hi my player got stuck when updating the latest firmware. Any idea what shoul i do?
Should i cut de power? Or keep waiting it has been 30 min already