Thank you for that quick reply! At least we know Philips is listening :)
What I do not understand is that despite the explanations we give you, you do not give the old apllication (fidelio) pending a solution.
Is it so complicated?
I am experiencing all the same problems the others are posting here. As seen also on http://bit.ly/K6VgzJ, we don't seem to be alone. Since I got the DS couple of days ago I like the hardware, but … I am very impatient: so when will you bring out an update of the bugfixes or this old version of Fidelio back? Do I have to return my product?
Thanks for a quick answer, Julia
PS: My hubby gave my this to replace my 20year old timer (actually that was a cool idea) but now he thinks I am too stupid to use the DS app....And I think my old timer isn't that bad…At least it was ringing in the morning…
OUh ouh Philips, is that there was someone ?
Do you need an engineer or a developer ?
Unbelievable that you can not solve a small problem!
And now what do we do with this device ?
As replied on a similar topic, we are now working on a new version, this however may need to be approved again and hence will take time. Please bear with us some time for this.
Philips Moderation Team
Let's see if I can help Jozofa and other fellow users with my own experience.
Actually, for me, the Fidelio app is waking me up correctly, with sounds and with my own music.
For me, after having followed the detailed instructions as mentioned in post of the Philips Moderator, the only thing you have to make attention is following:
Do NOT shut-off the screen! In stead, once the iphone installed in the DS, just wait for 15 min and the DS will auto-shut off, as well as the screen of your iPhone will close.
Both will auto-wake up when alarm goes off
So yes: It is a bit of a delay before your bedrooms gets dark, but as myself, I always read a book before sleeping, so :-)
OTHER SUGGESTION TO PHILIPS:
Please make that hands-free phone calls can be made with the iPhone docked, through the speakers of the DS!!
New release came up today on my iPhone.
Philips: Please detail the changes made.
The information I have is just:
1) Fixed alarm to push local notification to user while the App is not in foreground (non-active).
2) Fixed sleep timer issue while screen is locked but the App still riunning in background.
Philips Moderation Team
I really don't want to be nasty but: Do you progammers really test their releases?!?!
Don't think so.
Item 1) after screen shut down is still NOT working. Only church bells como up!
MOREOVER: After uprgrading yesterday, today I have NOT been woken up AT ALL!!
I had to delete all my programmed wake-up calls; then program then again from scratch before it is working again......... only as before the update.
Very bad note for your sofware guys!
It is really sad. I hope the software for Philips medical equipment is done by other people!!!
Are you kidding?
Your update does not solve the problem.
It's always the same, no alarm clock if you do not leave the screen on!
Incredible that you did not solve the problem.
You still have not understood that it was sufficient to put the first application Fidelio back?
I have passed the info to the development team. I will inform you as soon as I have more information from the team.
Dear Jozofa & RonSpain,
We understand that this upgrade does not solve all the issues reported in the forum, but the software team is working on those issues to see what possibilities there are. I will send you a PM to let you understand more.
For the alarm does not work issue, could you provide me these information so that I can feedback to the team? (I am asking because it works when we tested on iOS5.1 & iOS5.1.1 with DS1100 & DS1150)
iOS device model: e.g. iPhone 4S
iOS: e.g. iOS 5.1.1
DockStudio version: e.g. 2.2.4
Docking device used: e.g. DS1150/12
With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team
I found an application that works fine with the screen shuts down, it's Tik Tok and it's free.
They manage to make it work properly with Philips DockStation.
For your info, I have a Iphone 4S with IOS 5.1 and a DS1100.
So if Philips is unable to make proper application, there is another solution ....
I have the same problem, if screen is not lit, alarm does not work (only "church bell" from iOS side). Hopefully you find solution to this problem!
iOS device model: iPhone 4S 16GB
iOS: iOS 5.1.1
DockStudio version: 2.2.4
Docking device used: DS1100/12
Same problem or series of problems.
iPhone 3GS 16GB
1. Only bells will sound as the alarm. I tried setting to either the Water Ocean sound or something from the iPod library but just get bells whatever the setting. Tested with phone alone or docked to device with same problem. Note that, because of issues 3 and 4 below I tested this on the device with alarms set for 2 minutes away and blanked the phone before docking it. That's the only way to test docked as far as I can see.
2. Disable Auto-Lock doesn't work. With this set to ON I still get the lock screen when the alarm goes off. If I've only set the alarm for a few minutes time for testing then I get a slider, and then enter the app after the slide, otherwise I'm back to the passcode. When on the dock I get full volume with the slider, and then the volume goes to zero and gradually increases again when the app launches.
3. App quits when phone is placed on the dock. When not on the dock the app runs for a long time, but when I place the phone on the dock it reliably and quickly dumps me back on to the main home screen. I think this is associated with the first change of the minute on the clock so I guess is associated with the time synchronisation.
4. No alarm in the morning. On one occasion I did take the phone off the dock about 20 minutes before the alarm was due to go off and did get the alarm. On all other occasions with the phone docked all I've had is, on firing up the phone for the day, a message alerting me to the fact that dock studio's alarm went off some time ago (it didn't). So, again I think the fault is associated with being docked to the device rather than the app being totally faulty. Could it an extra synchronisation issue associated with rolling over a day?