WAS6050 does not play audio files, while NP2500 and 37pfl8404 TV do.
My WAS6050 Wireless Audio System says: 'Kan trck(s) niet afsp.' ('Cannot play tracks'), if I try to access the audio files (MP3 or WMA) stored on my Synology NAS (Network Attached Storage) device. The display of the WAS6050 shows that the WAS6050 can find each individual audio file on the Synology NAS, but cannot play them. Amazingly, however, it does play the same files if stored on my PC (Windows XP SP3, with TVersity installed). Maybe even more amazingly, both my Philips NP2500 Streamium Network player and my Philips 37pfl8404 TV can play the audio files from my Synology NAS without any problem. What to do now????????
Work-around for non-compatability of WAS6050 and Synology NAS DS211
I have found a workaround for the fact that I could not play the audio files stored on my Synology NAS DS211 on my Philips WAS6050!! What I did was the following:
Originally Posted by niekv.
- Install Philips Media Manager (PMM) on one of your PCs
- Take care that both the PC and the NAS are connected to your home network
- Assign on the PC a station letter to the NAS (e.g. Z: )
- Make Z: one of the 'watch folders' of PMM
- You can now find Z: on the NAS, looking for UPnP servers on WAS6050 and selcting PMM
- After checking that the music contents of Z: can be played in PMM on the PC, it now can also be played on the NAS (IF the PC is on, of course).
Please, mention any positive or negative results on this forum!!! Thanks