very disappointed with support
This is the Last time I bought Philips TV and i'll recommend to my worst enemies.
- The software is painful, changing channels is a torture, that takes a long time to respond.
- Video media player doesnt respect aspect ratio.
- No DTS support.( not so important but nowdays is basic)
- etc (read all bad feedback from other owners)
No interest in fixing a lot of bugs in software.
Buggy, slow and lack of important functionality
Like most other's in this forum - I'm disappointed with the software, it lowers the value of the TV by at least 50% ( I have T912E 2.07)
- It's very slow.
- I can't update through internet, even though I get IP address, I have to update manually with USB
- I can't watch media files through LAN although everything indicates it should be possible
- Sometimes the TV just turns on in the middle of the night, waking everybody up
- Sometimes the TV is impossible to start, in some Zoombie state
- The headphone volume cannot be adjusted easily, it should be possible to tie it to the main volume so it can be controlled with the remote, for those who use headphones-output to connect an external amplifier
- I have figured out how to create a favorite channel list (possible, but to tricky!) but it seems impossible to set the order of the favorites(?) e.g. to really make "channel 9" be at position 9. Other TV's have this feature, it's pretty important.
And why do we have to send a (physical) letter to get the sourcecode? Why not make it downloadable online? Not that I think I would have time to work on it, but maybe chances are that someone else would fix the bad bits.