Problem with MKV embedded subtitles in Smart LED TV 40PFL5007H
I recently bought a Philips 40PFL5007H (5000 series, 40 inches, no 3d) and everything is just great, nice TV. But I have a little probem with the mkv embedded subtitles, I can't get them to work via DLNA neither via USB.
The process is:
- Update to the latest firmare
- Get a typical mkv from the internets (1 track of video, 2 tracks of audio)
- Get the srt subtitles and add a new track of subtitles using the last version of mkvmerge
- Try to play mkv via DLNA: perfect video and audio, no problems switching between audio track, but NO subtitles (option disabled in menu)
- Same happens if try to play the mvk via USB
I searched the forums and got different and sometimes opposite answers, so my questions are:
- Does this TV model supports mkv embedded subtitles via DLNA? and via USB?
- Should I use a different program than mkvmerge to embed the subtitles?
- Is this a firmware issue that may be fixed in future releases?
- Is there any workaround for this I can't imagine?
Thanks very much in advance :)
no subtitles via dlna on the 6007
A few days ago i purchased an 55pfl6007 and overall it works fine, great view in relation to my old 32 inch CRT TV. The only problem i encounter now is the lack of support voor subtitles when playing movie via dnla. And that we do a lot. I have a Synology NAS with mediaserver and with my Philips HMP5000 mediaplayer i can play all type of media files via dlna including subtitles. I had hoped that the new 6007 would function the same way so i don'n have to use the HMP5000 any more. Sadly i still have to use an extra device. For such an expensive TV i find this very disappointing, especially when a cheap device as the HMP5000 does this without any problems.