the games (in game mode) seem not to be affected...it seems as though as long it is only one layer, as in video games, everything is fine.
@majorusa...thx for letting me know it's not an issue on my TV only and for clearing up that the source isn't the problem. Lets see if there is a solution to our problem
Attachment 1412Attachment 1413Attachment 1414Attachment 1415
I want to show you what I was talking about in my previous post. The American football pictures are SD and it shows how the writing below the score gets garbled. As per macro blocking, just look at the pictures.The next pictures are from an HD broadcast of US Open and I posted two games to see that is not a broadcast issue. The text has errors above the red line. I hope it is clearer now.
I also made a short video yesterday of the pixelation issue both @majorusa and I described.
It is the same issue but your pictures are in HD. In SD is really bad.
My guess is that when you disable Perfect Natural Motion, the artifacts will be gone. That's why you don't see it in game mode; PNM is disabled when game or computer mode are active.
Are your HD stations 720p or 1080i ?
1080i I guess. The TV refuses to give this info. :)
-PNM is disabled. So are all the other Picture enhancements. Even enabled them one at a time. no improvement.
-The HD Channels that I tested this on send in 1080i
-These artifacts weren't there in my old TV but I hope it'll be fixed
When pressing the fast backward button on the remote the TV does not always respond (you for instance have to press play button or fast foward button and then the back button), or it even crashes
55pfl8007 with ci module and harddisk and 133.5
I have a 46PFL8007 rather, it is now No. 2 TV when the first TV was 90% defective, :(now I wait for 8 days at Philips service as the motherboard must be replaced, but it is not currently. in stock so no one knows when it can be replaced.:mad:
I have the most errors that are listed in the SW fault list,:eek: but I have just a few questions that Philips can not give answers to, via their chat and phone service.
Can Philips Benedickte or one of the blog writers give me an answer to the following. Do you see the channel's logo at the top of the screen when changing channel, and by choice via List button. As you see channel logos in EPG here are the logos ok
I only have a picture of a TV on top when changing channel.
Philips DK says that it can be turned on or off in the menu, this option is not in my meny, under the general settings.
Are there others who have bad picture in shadows, shadow vessels become curry yellow / red, definitely not the right color in the shadows, shadows will be closed for details and correct color. In good broadcast from the studio with lots of light, the error is not particularly strong.
See attached pictures.
Attachment 1427Attachment 1428Attachment 1429Attachment 1430
Copy/ Paste from last thread!!
I have the 42PFL6877H/12 with a HDD WD 500gb attached.
First of all, I like it very much!
I registered, because I found some bugs and can confirm some bugs already mentioned.
I translate the messages from the tv from dutch, so it maybe a little different in english .
1. After watching one channel for a longer time and you try to rewind....result crash and restart.
2. Keep getting "found new device" when i start the tv (usually when i turn on the tv and not do anything for a minute or so)
3. I connected my xtreamer with HDMI and I don't get any sound through the boxes of the television. Xtreamer is set to 2 channel audio. Tested different audio formats.
4. If the tv and my xtreamer are both on and i turn my xtreamer off and on again, i get a video signal for a couple of seconds and then the tv goes black with the message "not supported video format" and then i get a video signal again. (just a little weird!)
5. When in standby you can activate the loungelight! But according to the helpfile you should be able too change the colour by pressing ambilight. However pressing ambilight just turns it off again.
6. Every time i start my Xtreamer i get a message that my HDMI cable is not working properly and that i should try a cable smaller then 5 meters. (It's a new cable 1,5 meters and it works fine) Can't test another cable, because i haven't one .
7. In smart tv I can't find SBS6, NET5, Veronica gemist (Dutch channels). Are they not available for the 2012 models yet?
Hope this helps. If you need more information, just let me know!!
Keep up the good work by improving the firmware.
I own a 6007K model. I will try to answer to some of the things you raised:
1. I have the same behavior
2. Now and then. But I managed to replicate this behavior by turning off the tv set while on HDMI. At turn on I receive the "found new device" thing.
3. This is the LPCM bug and is related to all mediaplayers having the LPCM downmix output.
4. I have the same thing with the player egreat R6S but I think is mediaplayer related and not TV
5. Same here.
6. Never got this
7. The channels you mentioned are available. You should go to App Gallery, press the green button, select country Netherlands - if it is not already selected - and install the apps for the three channels you mentioned.
I hope this helps.