The FW you use is 133.5, right?
But i have got some other problems when watching SD content. I sometimes get weird white lines on the upper left half of the TV rim. I Will try to get some pictures.
But bigger question is that where is the promised large update of september?
[QUOTE=majorusa;41761]Is your TV connected wired or wireless?
TV is connected wireless. When I asked around about the problem people told me that my router maybe were to far away from the tv but it stands right behind maybe 0.5 meters and I have the latest update.
It will be very helpful if you could post a picture.
The strange thing here is that it only happens when I am watching tv over my laptop and if it is connected over HDMI. I will post a picture.
My 8007 doesn't remember the wifi settings (WPS) and when try to login manual, the wifi cannot be found bij the TV.
Update to subtitles garble bug: I received the same multicolored subtitles that I had previously only in National Geographic HD also in History SD. So the bug is not localized at only one channel.
Now I am really pissed off! My TV refuses to show 2D pictures on any source other than USB. It displays the Smart TV menus, the TV menus but no picture. There is sound and the ambilight is working! If I press 2D -3D conversion or any 3D setting the picture appears but no 2D.
Benedicte, any thoughts?
What I did was to start a recording, set another and turn it off. Then three hours later I returned home and no picture!
I upgraded the firmware to the latest version and there is no change!
I found what was causing the issue. For some strange reason the contrast and brightness on Personal setting reset to 0 and the backlight to 50 from 90. I restored all the settings and I have picture again.
The reason for showing 3D and not 2D war that 3D has a separate set of settings.
This is a strange error. I do not understand why the settings were lost.
Is there any particular scene or film you want me to try to see if i can replicate some of the motion issues you are having?
P.S TV came with 133.3 installed, updated to 133.4 over internet, then to 133.5 over usb - I have noticed a quicker menu response once 133.5 is installed.
Since i connected my external harddisk (Western digital 500Gb) to my tv (42pfl6877), it freezed / crashed for 5 times now. When i disconnect the power from the harddisk and reconnect again, everthing works fine.
Another thing is that 4:3 cannot be scaled to 16:9 in 1080P HDMI.
I can rewind without the pause button. I click rewind once, then be very patient and that works. Only tried time shifting
I can't figure out how a tv (46PFL8007K) with so many bugs succeed to go trough Q&A and reached the market.
I'm personally disapointed, and can't use most of the functions that make me buy this tv :
DLNA : This is a joke ? My phone is FAR better at this game....
- Low volume issue : on some codecs.
partial workaround :
opening the sound menu, changing the sound preference (from standard to film, then going back to standard) give a strong bump to the sound. It's still too low, but far better. The same video played with the PS3 give a FAR better volume. I'm near 60 with the philips DLNA, and around 35 with the PS3...
- Poor sound with some codecs. No workaround. Again, the PS3 give a better sound.
- SLOOOOOOWWWWWWWW scrolling. It's not the network (1 gbs by cable, cable changed, no network congestion). The PS3 in wifi perform better !!!!
- It's not 32x , more around 20...... 120x is something that is definitely more usefull.....
- Added to the lack of 120x, there is no : GO to function...... How to stop to play and resume a 2 hours films later ??? need to scroll for 1 mns. and more....
- What's about a resume function , favorites, etc....
- How can you sell something that is so slow over the menus ???
- when you click to fast on the remote (because the listing is so slow), you loose the sync between the folder shown, and the file inside (ie, folder 21, and you see the content of the 18.... scrolling to the top resync...)
- OUtside of DLNA :
- Slow menus.... what's a joke
- The ambilight are on each end of day when I come to home again... I have to switch it off, but it restart again and again.... I maybe missed something with the autostart feature, but it's definitely broken at some place if after 2 weeks, I still have to stop the tv...
- PS3 bug : when I switch the tv off, the PS3 is at all time started...... funy the first time... and yes, I do need cec...
Added to this, a lot of bugs floatting around, can't power on the tv and have to unplug it sometimes. it was serviced, but with no success.....
Crash of the DLNA player, have to restart the tv too...
Crash of the menu, have to restart the tv to get them back again...
At least, when using an external DLNA, the sound is good, the image is not so bad to my profane eyes.
but about the user interface, this is definitely the worst product that I used !
Another brand costing 400 € (vs 1600 for this one) got a better DLNA player and real world fast menus....
I'm using the latest firmware to this date : 00.133.005.000.
About upcoming versions, I've already paid... the whole thing, why did I not get a real tv ?
tv dont remember the choosen settings for more 3d depth.
everytime i need to choose for the option more.
maby a bug?
I believe you are preaching to the choir here. It also seems that we received our TVs from the same batch as I experience and am frustrated with ALL the issues you posted as well. Every single on frustrated me for the last weeks. but at least you only paid 1600€...most of us even paid more...all the best
When using the app HD remote on the ipad and the 55pfl8007,
in many cases if you want to stream the Ipad is only recognizing the 55pfl8007 if you pull the plug. Since pulling the plug did the trick I blame it on the 55pfl8007...
(apart from the HD remote App being buggy)
@Philips, it is very still. Have I to call the repair service for the standby problem since I upgrade the firmware? As before I had not this problem. It is a firmware problem. Please repair this, give us a firmware update.