More software issues as experienced with 37PFL6007
I just thought I'd share with my personal buglist regarding the 37PFL6007/12 with latest SW QF1EU_0.133.5.0.
I won't repeat the obvious bugs, but some issues I have not read about in this forum yet - but maybe I just missed them...?
1) Crashing of video-decoder engine
I understand that some videos with exotic or even faulty containers or codecs may not play. Usually I get a message like "unsupported resolution" which is ok. But with some files the screen just stays black without any message until I hit the stop or back button. After such an event the video-decoding engine has crashed and won't play any files - not even the ones that played fine before. Restart of TV necessary.
2) USB-Stick not recognized / needs hard-drive like partitioning
When plugging in a USB stick with the typical whole-device FAT32 format the device is recognized and the TV shows "Reading files". This message will never go away though. When choosing "USB-Stick" from the source menu, the TV tells me "no device connected". (The stick works fine both with Windows, Linux and even a Panasonic TV from 2011.)
The only way to get the Philips TV to recognize the USB stick is to partition the device - which you would normally do with a hard drive but not with a memory stick.
3) My DVD player connected at HDMI2 is found as HDMI1 device. When selecting HDMI1, I get the picture from the DVR connected there, but my DVD on HDMI2 gets woken up from standby and the TV shows the message "establishing connection". Some special twist of the HDMI mess, I suppose. By turning off CEC on my DVD I managed to suppress the waking-up.
4) TV-Guide shows all >1000 channels instead of just the ones in the personal favorites list. This renders the TV-Guide unusable. Am I just missing a setting here?
5) No audio over HDMI with DVD Toshiba SD5010KE. TV info screen shows blank field next to "sound". From what I've read here, this must be the LPCM bug, right? One more device for the list...
P.S.: I hope they'll let me keep this nickname... :rolleyes: