Hi avia, Uses home router and local ISP, but PC runs software to switch traffic via another server.
I use it to access tv content which is location specific (by IP address). Maybe it is not possible on NetTv, but I can only ask.
The alternative is to run the PC with the proxy, connect to the website and replicate on tv using Pluggit..... but has degraded performance - as you already noticed.
Looks like TOR? If not, what is the software? I also want to watch some TV's from foreign countries even if i this can be done only via pluggit...
Originally Posted by janefs
Will PM to avia, as this is getting off-subject for this thread, and is not really Philips Nettv specifics. Happy to reply on PM if others are interested.
http://www.imdb.de/ (Internet Movie Database) would be fine...
In UK lack of BBC iPlayer is a big disadvantage.
Not only there!
Originally Posted by Slava
Is there a way to start seeing The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (http://www.thedailyshow.com, Full episodes: http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/ ) and Colbert Nation with Stephen Colbert (http://www.colbertnation.com/home, http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes) - that is, in the NetTV?
Actually, it'd be grand, if existing Picasa app could remember passwords. It sucks to reenter them each time.
Dear Philips Developers,
Originally Posted by Philips
first of all, I like your idea of OSS JointSpace a lot and I do appreciate your efforts in this direction so much! :cool:
In Germany I'd like to see...
- DVD recording on USB device (for v2010 TVs)
- LAN MediaConnect
- WakeOnLAN from standby
- Email notifier widget!
- Twitter widget
- Skype (I know this is tricky)
- Version information for the jointSPACE Remote Application Samples
Originally Posted by Mario
1) I think this will be a feature of the 2011 series. They need a "safe" memory with encryption due to the broadcasters licences
2) THAT is a feature that many users ask for. At the moment you can use the jointSPACE example
3) nice feature if one uses a jointSPACE application. But one should be able to deactivate this
4) no comment
5) no comment
6) nice to have feature. Web cam via USB - maybe only Philips certified cams :D
7) always good to see version information
I really think that you need to seriously have to think about adding Adobe Flash media support in the browser in the Philips TV's. If that could be implemented I think that you would cover a large majority of the "TV-play" sites on the net. Including BBC iPlayer and many others, who are based on Flash.
I come from Sweden myself and would really love to be able to use the national TV www.svtplay.se for watching and TV shows and news etc. Great on PC, would be even better on the TV directly.
In Italy would be nice to have the following applications:
1) TRIVAGO: www.trivago.it (to find a hotel quickly)
2) GOOGLE MAPS http://maps.google.it/
3) GOOGLE FINANCE http://www.google.com/finance
4) ADOBE FLASH
5) MEGAVIDEO http://www.megavideo.com/
6) VIDEOLAND ITALY
PLEASE: we need urgently a USB Wireless keyboard to interact with NET TV. It's mandatory to obtain a good usability.
(owner of a 37PFL 8605 M/08 with latest firmware version)
I think for Holland is would be:
- RTLXL instead or together with RTL gemist
- SBS uitzending gemist
- Rabobank telebanking (now you can only see commercials)
Is it possible to introduce "Uitzending gemist" of the Belgium programmes EEN and CANVAS?
I am living in Holland but watch often Belgium programmes.