Since the update, my ambilight backlights illuminate when my TV is in standby.
I'll try to take a photo if you need to see the problem...
I have also the problem of ghost drives after power on the TV.
This is very annoying...
Can we have a date for fixing it ?
I have another problem with network DLNA player but I think it's come from my ISP router...
Tv-Guide (from the Air) doesn't any longer care about the Favorites channels one has installed, instead it shows all available channels ...
Before this version, or perhaps even before previous version (I updated the two last versions so close to each other, that I didn't have time to check then), Tv-Guide only showed the Favorites channels.
I'm on a 47pfl6067T/12.
And I also get the Crackling Sound when changing to my Xtreamer MK1 at HDMI.
Same here, with my 46PFL9707
When change to Sony PS3 on HDMI give some Crackling Sound, !!
Any news about the blur on models HDNM 6007h?
I confirm that with the 133.005.000 there is no the crackling sound issue when switching on a dolby digital channel.
Well, this guy is under arrest for what he told at 00:52. :)
Originally Posted by james87
More seriously, all this stuff is said to be back to development guys so we just have to wait for the 15th week...
Let's give them a last chance to be Pro.
Keep posting comments in online user reviews/comments.
Looks like the FW upgrade does have a serious problem. 47PFL6877T requires a hard reset for beeing able to recive signal from the remote.
This is serious LOW Wife Acceptance Factor ... and with the rather stiff price is a bit annoying having her make a mess everytime we have to Unplug the power cable to reset the TV.
47PFL6877T with Canal Digital Force CAM.
I am as well having problems with the remote for my 42PFL6877T, the TV stops taking commands from the remote;
- Sometimes its impossible to start the TV from the remote, yanking the batteries fixes the issue occasionally or sometimes on/off button on TV works and sometimes the only solution is to unplug the TV.
- And last night it couldn't even turn the TV off from neither the remote nor on/off at the back, only solution was to pull the plug and then switch it off when it had restarted (the TV starts up when you plug it in). Funny enough the red led on the TV indicates that it receives signals from the remote. I even managed to pair the remote with the TV pressing the blue and red buttons simultaneously (the TV responded pairing successful) but it was still not possible to turn the TV off.
Random device detected bug still present!!!!!
And this is one annoying as hell, I power up everything (Samsung HD sat box, receiver and TV) and set my receiver to watch the sat box for some TV for the children after preschool the kids start to watch some cartoon and I go to start fixing
dinner for my kids only to get called back about a minute later, DADDY there something wrong with the picture! and then the TV have "found" the receiver again which brings up the annoying menu for select/name the “new found” device. The funny thing is that I only have the receiver connected to my TV nothing else.
A suggestion for the dev.team might be to give us the possibility to switch off this “search for new devices” in some settings menu and instead just start with the last used source (or possibility to select default input device).
And while i'm ranting about annoyances, when watching a film this weekend the TV suddenly decided to ask me if it should turn it self off giving me about a minute to find the remote, luckily the TV responded to the remote so the break in the movie wasn't too long........(hopefully just a setting I haven't turned off yet).
I’m on the latest firmware (pulled the plug when update ready) even did an factory reset after the update to start from scratch.
When playing MP3's (stereo music) with built-in player it outputs these to the Optical Out in 5.1. Personally I would prefer this being stereo, as I don't like the best part of the sound coming out of my center speaker when listening to music (without video). I wonder if it's just me or if (perhaps many) other people share this idea.
Originally Posted by SirClayman
Yes, of course it's a setting, that is set at 4h default - it helps save energy for those that hasn't touched the Remote for x # of hours = fallen asleep...
Mine is set at 30min., since I mostly get boooored, and falls asleep, and with this function I don't have to find the SO COMPLICATED TO FIND Sleep-Timer, that I always used on my old Sony Tv, and that was just two remote button pushes away, but here on Philips it's like 5-6-7 buttons to press before one has set the Sleep-Timer ...
you have a date for the next update
If only they had something to fix !
Originally Posted by laurent 19
You'll get used to that noise, no big deal, you paid already.
I imagine they get ready for CES 2013 rather than spend too much time on those open issues. Last two releases did not solve main issues, they mainly added new features that had been announced previously, and that serves their one customer : Marketing department.
Who really cares about that forum ? Who really cares about Hdnm, crackling noise, HDD issues, unplugging, false detection, remote,... ?
All these so-called online reviews, blogs, keep telling that TVs are ok. No problem finally.
And if we get mad again, I'm sure Juan will turn up telling us that they do care for our items, but this is much work.
We don't even know what's prioritized, or even confirmed.
sorry to say i must agree.
Originally Posted by Manuj
i WAS a potential customer for a 2012 model and kept an eye on this thread.
sorry philips, this just won't do....you lost me.
42pfl6007/k12: Let's make things better, Sense and simplicity?!
Same and more problems here. This television should not be sold this way. Every update seems to add another new problem.
- Flickering/watering effect on fast (horizontal) moving objects (especially with 3d on)
- Remote control is very slow not responsive at all. Have to unplug the power.
- TV not recovering from stand by mode (in all modes)
- Youtube app cannot handle 1080p movies and starts to falter
- Long Youtube movies in HD mode (>75 minutes) don't play at all
- TV crashes on Youtube while automatically trying playing next movie
- Menu animations very slow and too ambitious for current hardware specifications (please enable option to disable effects)
- NetTV function login sometimes unsuccessful at first time
- NetTV screen slow because of frames using the Internet. Disable these ads (and TV preview too?) to make space for more app icons!!!!! Didn't pay for those game ads. Its a TV, not a game computer.
- Make apps (shortcuts) available offline, not online (imagine the Philips (partner) site being offline, you have no SmartTV).
- Web browser is useless (slow, zoom in, zoom out). Opera is usually OK, but maybe you should try chrome or chromium.
- DLNA player stops half way the movie or starts to falter
- TV does not support AAC codec, 5.1 etc. So every time I have to convert audio to MP3 or AC3.
- TV does not support MKV subtitels or multiple audio languages???
To sum up all problems... slow, unresponsive, unstable and not so smart at all! My mobile outperforms this TV.
My advise is to hire some other manager and new ("Smart thinking") programmers.
To be continued...
I'm from Argentina, I buy 32PFL5007G/77
I have problems with this firmware.
-Slow menu navigation.
-Slow channel switching
-Dont have dts sound support.
-DNLA without subtitles
Using xbmc because I can not use the TV features that promise. My intention was to stop using a media center and just use the TV, now I have two devices that do the same, a halfway tv and media center with full functionality.
Carlos A. Garcia