TV Model: 32PFL6007K/12
Previous Firmware: 0.150.48.14 (or older)
+ speed for loading of teletext
- problem with encoding of international characters in Teletext (Czech)
- solution is only: Option -> Language -> Group II
- problem is, that this settings is not permanent - this must be applyed each time, when TXT is used
TV Model: 47PFL6007
Previous Firmware: 150.48
- Dynamic Backlight Flicker (disappears with the setting off)
- ~5 pixels image shift to the right with Game-/Computer-mode
- Slow menus (I'd prefer snappy flat menus over slow animations)
TV Model: 37PFL6007H/12
Previous Firmware: 0.108.8.0
I didn't use the TV with the previous firmware because I updated it as soon as I plugged it!
- Strange behavior with DivX files which work great with a 2011 TV model : cracking noise and stuttering/flickering video. See there : http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ll=1#post49470
- The TV enables the Natural Motion and perhaps other settings like Clear LCD by it self! After each start, these functions are back on again even if the menu says it's "off"! See there :
TV Model: 46pfl9707
Previous Firmware: 133.05
+ improved speed of the menu
+ improved stability of the system
- dynamic Backlight shows vertical stripes on fast camera movements ( overmodulation of the panel?)
- loss of picture quality: picture looks washed out (foggy), lack of colour brilliants, picture motion blur on still objects while the camera is moving
- picture smearing ( ghosting ) picture is very hectic --> both makes you headaches
TV Model: 55PFL6007T
Previous Firmware: Factory settings
+ EasyLink works perfectly with Marantz SR6006 amplifier.
- Operating system interface is slow in all aspects. For example TV-guide and program info screens take several seconds to load, while much older TV's do that near instantly. Another example; volume level screen update speed falls behind the actual volume level, which is quite obvious while using external amplifier which casts own volume level screen through HDMI and tv casts own volume info on top of HDMI picture.
- Viaplay application pause not working. Continue after pausing the film causes pretty much halting the whole tv or at least fully recovering requires that the tv is booted.
- It is possible to attach keyboard and mouse to the tv, but many of the applications do not support them. For example search fucntions would be much faster with keyboard in use.
TV Model: 40PFL7007H/12
Previous Firmware: 150.48
- Opening screen of Smart TV sometimes freezes. Exit button doesn't work. When you push the TV button screen turns black with the TV preview window still playing. The only way to exit is to restart the TV.
- DLNA doesn't always work after a long time in standby whereas all other DLNA device work perfectly. Are you DLNA compliant (SRT does not work with all codec which have to work with DLNA standards).
- HDNM is very very very uggly at all...
When will be the next firmware released?
previous firmware factory
+ speed up menu
- 3d in computer and game mode work really really bad with high input lag and give headache. Impossible to watch the TV more than 30 sec, and the bug is there with any source ( PS3, XBOX 360 or PC ). Seems like the HDNM is still activate even if i can't go into the HDNM and CLEAR LCD setting. If i put normal mode again and desactivate HDNM, the 3d will be good but with HIGH input lag and little stutter appear.
- still in game mode and computer mode with any source ( PS3, XBOX 360, PC ), there is some pixel line missing ( maybe around 5px ) on the right side of the screen, and i can't change it with the calibrate setting.
TV Model: 42pfl6007k
Previous Firmware: 108.08
+ improved speed of the menu
- the menus are on opaque black background (previously transparent);
- when volume is increased the TV reacts very slowly and if the change is by one or two steps of the volume pointer, it does not appear on the screen at all;
- the channel logo at programme selection and the volume pointer are on a terrible black band which hides almost one third of the screen;
- in the course of DLNA performance the TV set can see the media server and the files, but if a file is chosen, nothing practically happens;
- and the worst effect: the picture quality deteriorated drastically. The resolution is poor (no details can be seen), the images are blurred, the picture is too dark.
With this firmware i have the following:
- Sometimes when you switch off the TV with remote or button on backside the TV switches off but restarts again.
You can only pull the power plug to reset this mechanism and stop the TV from turning on.
- I use WIFI for tv connection with my Firtzbox 6360. Many times the TV asks for reentering the WPA2 code for connection.
It doesn't seem to remember the Key. Very Annoying!
Best sulotion seems to set fixed IP on both TV and Modem and use network with static IP.
This is not a proper solution for most people.
- Hard drive ( USB1) keeps spinning when not in use.
- SMart TV hangs very often. Only remedy is pull the power plug.
- When looking at recorded movies there is no way to reset to the beginning of the movie or to move through the movie in a
convinient way. Using the left or right button exhaust your thumb, using fast forward crashes the tv..
- Menu operations are very slow.
in reply of post #12 from mccrimmon
(not recognized usb-pen, formatted with ExFat-filesystem):
For file-size more then 4GB (witch is the max. size for FAT32) on my TV 47PFL6007K/12 a 16GB SD-Card formatted with NTFS filesystem works without problems.
You should also try NTFS.
Best regards from techinspector.