32PFL5605M/08: MHP tv set with OTTV not working..
i'm Andrea, this is my first post here.
i live in Italy and got a Philips 32PFL5605M/08.
here, we have interactive tv services based on MHP and this tv is compliant with MHP and is branded "Bollino Gold".
but there's a service that's not working at all, it's Over the top television using "broadband addendum".
La7 is doing a service called "La7 On Demand" where you can see old episodes from the internet channel.
i know people with external decoder like Telesystem 7900HD can download and see these stream.
in my Philips tv set i can see the application running but when i click to download the video, it says me "device not supported".
could someone share some lighe about this issue?
some questions about MHP level in Philips 5605M/08
thanx in advance for the creation of this "sub-forum" related to MHP.
i have to correct slightly the info provided in the introductory post.
- MHP is strong in Italy and run mainly on DVB-T (not DVB-C we don't have it here) and also on DVB-S (thanx to the Italian platform Tivusat who deliver EPG ver a MHP application)
- MHP applications start from the air BUT can also use IP channel for more data transfer and also stream download on demand. MHP is the basis of italian flavour of Hybrid Broadcast and Broadband TV
this second point raises me a question for people "in the know". which level is the MHP stack embedded in the PFL5605M/08 tv ?
which features are REALLY available in the stack? for example:
- does support Mpeg Stream over http?
- does support Persistent apps stored into the flash of the TV?
- which kind of secure layer for crypted transaction over IP (SSL TSL whatever..)
that's enough for now. i hope these new features could eventually boost a grow of MHP based content from italian broadcasters..