• Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

VOIP8551B/36 - Where are the other country codes?

Hi,
    I am a frequent traveller staying abroad in different countries for extended periods of time. I just bought a VOIP 855 set to use with Skype. Set up was very simply but I am unable to set up the country I am currently in. The country list in the manual is quite extensive, however the list on the handset is limited to NL, NO, SE, BE, DK & FI only. I bought the phone in Belgium, but cannot believe that I would not be able to use it in Germany or UK. When I choose belgium and take the phone abroad it only wants to use the Belgian international country code and since I cannot change to anything else than the 5 countries listed on the handset I cannot use it when travelling to other countries. How can I override the country code list that is pre-set on the handset to something else than the 5 countries in the list?

Suggestions?

Thx!

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMX View Post
    Hi,
    I am a frequent traveller staying abroad in different countries for extended periods of time. I just bought a VOIP 855 set to use with Skype. Set up was very simply but I am unable to set up the country I am currently in. The country list in the manual is quite extensive, however the list on the handset is limited to NL, NO, SE, BE, DK & FI only. I bought the phone in Belgium, but cannot believe that I would not be able to use it in Germany or UK. When I choose belgium and take the phone abroad it only wants to use the Belgian international country code and since I cannot change to anything else than the 5 countries listed on the handset I cannot use it when travelling to other countries. How can I override the country code list that is pre-set on the handset to something else than the 5 countries in the list?

Suggestions?

Thx!
    No suggestions for solutions unfortunately, but a comment:
    I bought mine on amazon.uk and it was shipped by a German company called sotel. It has countries such as the UK, Germany and France, but not your Belgium or The Netherlands, the latter bieng where I live! Some weird policy of Philips?