Hi,

Happy New Year everybody. I'm glad I found this English speaking forum, it has valuable information and has more Topics and entries than forums in other languages.

Not long ago I bought a MCi8080 because my MCi500 - which me and my family were pefectly happy with - stopped working after just four years. I read all the comments by other MCI500 owners with similar problems with this unit. -

I would like to create playlists with the provided Twonky and send them to the MCi8080, which I haven't been able to do yet. (Latest Twonky update and MCi8080 S/W update are loaded; I have a PC with Windows 7.)

All my music tracks (ca. 4000) have been copied to the Philips Hard drive, and in Twonky I have entered the path where to get the music file information from (which is \\PHILIPSMCI8080\usb\ ...).
In Twonky when selecting "PhilipsMCi8080" and selecting "Manage", the "playlist area" and the "Drag Media here to create a Playlist" area are greyed out and inactive.
Checking "Settings" and "Server Status" it says: "No status can be retrieved from the selected server".

I have always assumed that I should be able to use Twonky to create Playlists and "send" them via WiFi to my MCi8080 (similar to theMCi500 with WADM, or even much more comfortable and flexible, with Tias' WACHandler. Tias, I'm happy to see you in this forum and thanks again for helping me with my MCi500 years ago in the old "Sreamium Cafe". Also I read your remarks on the fact, that the WACHandler is not necessary anymore for the MCI8080's design with the external HD, thus having a different file transfer philosophy.)

In my Windows Explorer the 8080 is listed in the wireless network, so is the Philips HD and shows with a drive letter and is accessable from my PC under Local drives.

Tias, I also appreciate your helpful posts regarding the format of .m3u playlists and the necessity of relative paths. However, I like the simplicity of "dragging and dropping" (like with WACHandler and also WADM), filling them with songs and these palylist being transferred to the MCi8080 wirelessly. I thought I could do this in Twonky.

I also checked the Twonky forum, but couldn't find anything useful. Maybe I overlooked something, since I am no expert on Wifi or networks.

I would be curious how other MCi8080 owners create their playlists and transmit them to the unit (without going through the hassle of having to manipulate them (making realtive paths with a text editor).

Thank you all very much in advance.

Greetings
Dietmar