Hybrid View

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Net tv doesnt work!!!

Two weeks ago, I bought a Philips LCD TV, 42PFL7695. After that I also bought Philips usb adaptŲr which is PTA01 to use NET TV. But, unfortunately I couldnt access NET TV although I made everything I can. In my home, I have wireless internet that is cablenet. I use this internet via Access Point which is TP-LINK brand to feed my PC and notebook. Before I explain main problem with NET TV, I will lay out some questions to know.

1. At the same time, can I use DLNA and NET TV? What do I mean? I mean that while accessing internet through Notebook via WiFi, can I access this notebook display through WiFi on the TV?

2. Is Access Point suitable to NET TV?

3. My purpose is to access internet on TV by using Notebook and its internet link.

Anyway, now I will give some imformation about my problem.
    I firstly set up Philips WiFi MediaConnect on Notebook. and then tried to access my notebook; but I couldnt. After several attemps, luckily I succeeded. But usually I couldnít access my notebook via the TV. This is my first problem. My second and most important problem is NET TV. Whenever I try to enter NET TV, it says that I have not internet connection; but I normally set up internet on TV according to TVís instruction. As I mentioned before, Iím using wireless internet via Access Point, and I accomplished to introduce my TV this connection from net adjustments. Unfortunately, Iím not still accessing NET TV. Iíll be very happy with you help.
    Thank you.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    For Net TV the TV needs to be able to communicate directly with the internet. You mention you use an access point? Is that a Proxy server? That is probably the cause why your TV fails on Net TV. Make sure the IP address of the TV can pass directly to the open internet to communicate to the URL of the Net TV homepage.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I'm only utilezing AP for wireless network to my my PC and Notebook.
    When I look at the IP address of TV, I see the 198.168.1.100 on that, which is my Access Point's IP address.
    I think it is strange, because TV's IP must be different. Also I, am not accessing my PC anymore.
    Buying the PTA01 was very useless issue for me!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQ View Post
    For Net TV the TV needs to be able to communicate directly with the internet. You mention you use an access point? Is that a Proxy server? That is probably the cause why your TV fails on Net TV. Make sure the IP address of the TV can pass directly to the open internet to communicate to the URL of the Net TV homepage.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Give up now

Save yourself a lot of disappointment. Net TV is a waste of time, utter rubbish. Give it a miss. see if you can get a refund on that USB adaptor.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

my Net TV works - I like it... (but maybe a powerline adapter is better). I connect via wired lan.

Don't give up!

Toengel@Alex