Hybrid View

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

42PFL3507H digital audio out problem

Hello, i'm trying to use the digital audio out slot to make the sound from the tv come out from my home theatre. Btw it was working perfectly until this day with my previous Samsung TV. Now when i connect the cable from the tv to the home theatre and set it to digital audio the tv stops the sound from its speakers automatically and shows a message that an external device is connected but no sound is produced. I have to manually switch back to tv speakers to hear the sound. But the problem remains that although it shows there is a connection the sound is lacking!
    Any ideas??
    I tried with 2 different digital audio out cabels.
    The home theatre is samsung also and it worked perfetctly with the samsung tv (which btw is far older model than this Philips tv -2010 or something)

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptekaria View Post
    Hello, i'm trying to use the digital audio out slot to make the sound from the tv come out from my home theatre. Btw it was working perfectly until this day with my previous Samsung TV. Now when i connect the cable from the tv to the home theatre and set it to digital audio the tv stops the sound from its speakers automatically and shows a message that an external device is connected but no sound is produced. I have to manually switch back to tv speakers to hear the sound. But the problem remains that although it shows there is a connection the sound is lacking!
    Any ideas??
    The home theatre is samsung also and it worked perfetctly with the samsung tv (which btw is far older model than this Philips tv -2010 or something)

It seems there is no support in this forum! Anyone knows where i can ask my question?

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Aptekaria,

Sorry to see you're having problems with the sound on your TV!

Can you confirm whether you have tried any other sound output connections, for example the headphone socket?

Also, have you tried connecting any other devices to the TV via the same audio out connections? Do they work, if so?

Rafe

Quote Originally Posted by Aptekaria View Post
    Any ideas??
    Forum Mod

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Yeah, i figured out what is the problem. So i'll share it here for people to know what to look for. For some reason Philips put a coaxial digital out cable which is incompatible with the optical digital in audio of my home theatre. My previous tv had also optical digital audio out. Since its not reallly clear which is better i think big companies should use both in and outs in their systems! I mean this can not be so expensive to put in!!
    Now i have to use the headphone out but it does not support 5.1 audio, just stereo and generally the sound quality is worse. And i'm hearing it over a non professional audio system.