• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Angry 273ELH Monitor poor quality view

I have recently purchased the above based on supposed rave reviews for use as a PC monitor (replacing LG LCD) but the picture quality when used with any form of text is absolutely appalling! The text isn't black, even as I type now; it's not clear rather blurred. I have had to increase text size just to see what I am doing - eitehr that or stick my nose against it. The whites are so strong that I looks like someone has a 1000 watt torch standing behind it. And yes I have got quote "Smart Control II" and have been trying to adjust it with this, but no success. And it is set to full resolution. And I am under 45 with 20/20 vision!

Is this the best I can expect? Or shall I just chuck it out and get something else? Does it really have a clear picture for text or is it only really any use as a video monitor. Is it faulty?

Is there anybody out there who agrees or has had the same problem?

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I just bought a Philips 231TE4L Monitor and i have the same exact problem! Black text over white bakground are terrible, is really like someone is pointing a powerful white torch right behind the screen. Even moving randomly brightness and contrast, the problem remains. I tried with different computers and the problem is the same.

This is totally not what I paid for, fast solution or money back, please.

Another BIG problem I just found is that on some plain images it plays some "colour tricks" on the edges. For plain images i mean, for example, webcomic pages. Around black lines there ALWAYS are also annoying green-yellow lines adiacent to them. And what's more, if you see a white image on the windows image viewer, the image is actually blinding white, while the background is some kind of pink or yellow colour.