• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Crackling sound from internal and external speakers. (2nd TV of same model)

I recently purchased a 40 inch Philips HDTV, 120 Hz 1080p, model number 40PLf3705D 3700 Series. While playing Playstation 3 games, so far it's resistance 3, god of war 3, and dead space 2, I experience a loud crackling noise during set peices and any loud moments, like when fighting bosses on god of war or just shooting or getting hit by necromorphs on dead space 2, any explosions or loud noises cause a crackling sound that completely takes away from the experience, i thought it was faulty speakers but I returned the TV to walmart and replaced it with the same model, I think I have ruled out the problem being the ps3 as it doesnt happen while playing on my mom's 32 inch emerson, or my cousins, umm, whatever he has, using the same cords, and another problem is my hdmi cord broke, so i have been using component and the original av ps3 cord, I dont remember it happening with hdmi, but i cant be sure as i live in a small community 2 hours away from anywhere I can purchase an hdmi cord with no ride back and forth, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,271
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Where/how to get support on your product.

In case of technical issues with your Philips product, we advise you to contact the local help desk (click link). On this web page you then select REGION -> COUNTRY -> CONTACT.

They will evaluate your case, give advice, or take action when necessary (e.g. send a Service guy).
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips View Post
    In case of technical issues with your Philips product, we advise you to contact the local help desk (click link). On this web page you then select REGION -> COUNTRY -> CONTACT.

They will evaluate your case, give advice, or take action when necessary (e.g. send a Service guy).
    Thank you for your response, but I already tried, they told me it was a problem with my playstation, when it is obviously not, I have tried every audio and video setting on my PS3 to no avail, it works fine on all other tv's with the same console and cords, it is only this tv that has the problem, and like I have stated before, I returned the tv and bought the same model because unfortunatly I only had the money I received from my refund and I couldnt afford the extra $20 for the Bravia, and like i said i live in a very small community, there are no delivery services, no technicians that can come solve the problem.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I never had a problem with my 32 in Vizio. I wonder if I buy some surround sound speakers if it will get rid of the problem since the sound should only come out of those speakers??

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    HI!!! I have the EXACT same problem with the exact same TV. I bought a refurbished one off of sellout woot and everything is fine except the speakers. They crackle and pop on loud parts of my video games when I am playing my Wii and I have tried using it with an HDMI cable (sometimes worse) and just a regular compnent cable I am using now. Sometimes it is so bad it stays like that even on the normal TV and I have to turn it off and back on again to get it to go away. It sucks because I play a lot of games and its annoying especially since I just got the TV a week ago and cant take it back except exchange. If you said you have the same TV i might as well not even try to exchange it if I am most likely going to have the same problem. All of the software is updated too. Lame