• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Silver Member
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Video Out via Scart

Dear All,

I have 7000 series TV. I wonder if I can get video out through scart socet. I would like to be able to connect TV to a projector.
    As far as I can see there is 2 scart socets. I have video out scart connector seen on the picture..
    I wonder if it is possible?

Silver Member
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Yes that is possible, although a bid strange to have an active TV at projector side and a projection screen with the same picture on the other side of the room. And then you need to bring the sound output to an amplifier and put the speakers beside the projection screen.
    You better look for an old video-recorder and use that as a TV-tuner for your beamer.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    That is the problem.. I don't have an old video recorder to convert broadcast in to video out.
    That is a special case that I would like to use it for so I needed some help.
    I have a huge projector screen and I'd like to watch some some of the programes on my projector screen (3,5m x 2.2 m.)
    So I have only TV which is connected via Conax module so I watch HD and SD programes on my TV.(So it sin't analogue broadcast)
    However I would like to use scart video out to catch video out signal to transfer to my projector..
    I wonder if scart jack has a video out channel? There usually is. But I somehow tried scart video out jack to trasfer broadcast to other TV via video in to see if it works... I didn't seem to work..
    If I use satalite receiver that wouldn't be a problem. There is always video out sockets on them.
    SO 70000 series has built in conax module so I don't need another satalite receiver. But when it comes to watch it on projector screen I don't get to link video out to my projector video in.
    If you any of you have a sollution I 'd appreciate it.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

as far as I know the scart ext is only an input...

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tolgaakcan View Post
    That is the problem.. I don't have an old video recorder to convert broadcast in to video out.
    That is a special case that I would like to use it for so I needed some help.
    I have a huge projector screen and I'd like to watch some some of the programes on my projector screen (3,5m x 2.2 m.)
    So I have only TV which is connected via Conax module so I watch HD and SD programes on my TV.(So it sin't analogue broadcast)
    However I would like to use scart video out to catch video out signal to transfer to my projector..
    I wonder if scart jack has a video out channel? There usually is. But I somehow tried scart video out jack to trasfer broadcast to other TV via video in to see if it works... I didn't seem to work..
    If I use satalite receiver that wouldn't be a problem. There is always video out sockets on them.
    SO 70000 series has built in conax module so I don't need another satalite receiver. But when it comes to watch it on projector screen I don't get to link video out to my projector video in.
    If you any of you have a sollution I 'd appreciate it.
    Now that’s a different story. I was assuming you have analog cable.
    When you have a digital source connected to your TV over HDMI, than there is no video on the scart connector.
    It is a protection; otherwise you would simply be able to copy any DVD/Blu-ray disc onto a connected video recorder or hard disk recorder. That is not allowed.
    You cannot generate any analog video out of your TV from the digital sources.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I don't intend to offense copywrights. I don't understand why you said that. Anyway if I wanted to copy hd movies on my harddisk I would have gone for a tv with pvr function such as
    Samsung 7000 series which You can easily record digital sources on to your hard drive or memory stick. Almost all tv shows available on the internet recorded with pvr.
    If a man puts his mind to it he can accomplish anything.
    My concern as I explained above was different. Any way, for those who wonders about the answer of my question. No. No signal out via scart socets so they are only to in ward signals.
    Thank you toengel for your answer. Despite that I tried anyway. Didn't work. ..