• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Alerts Not Fully Disabled, Dropbox Flooded

I'm having an alerts problem where I switch the Alerts Enabled to OFF and my iPhone stops receiving notifications but my Dropbox fills up with movie and JPEG files.

Specifically, I'm turning off the Alerts Enabled switch under the Monitors tab in Settings. I see the "Turning 'Alert OFF' will stop alerts for all monitors on this device. Apps running on other devices are not affected." I tap OK since I want it to stop alerting me.

Then my phone notifications seem to off, but the M100 keeps dumping videos and JPEG files into my Dropbox (which means hundreds of files over a 24 hour period if I'm at home). If I want this to stop, I have to turn Alerts enabled back to ON and then tap the Motion and Audio buttons (turning them from blue to greyed-out). This seems to stop both phone notifications and Dropbox alerts.

This seems like unexpected behavior though. I would expect that if I disable alerts, that the M100 will stop alerting me in any way. A big switch that lives in two places of the interface seems like a global switch that should essentially stop the M100 from working.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear CHill,

To disable the Dropbox recording is possible in the app. Kindly refer to the last step of this FAQ:
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/c...w_partial.html

With thanks & regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for the speedy reply.

I'd like to confirm that this feels like a workaround for a problem. The reason is because it's more complex and unintuitive to require 2 steps in separate areas of the app in order to stop the camera from sending data I don't want or need.

I'd like to keep Dropbox activated and keep motion plus audio activated, but be able to put the monitor to sleep with one switch. That way there are no alerts at all while it's in sleep mode and I can just as easily reactivate with a single switch for full functionality as I set it (that is, sending Dropbox files and iOS notifications).

Another critical feature this enables is a timer. This monitor is sorely lacking a way to automatically turn off and on the unit on routine schedules. Obvious example is turning on from 9:15am to 4:45pm each weekday while the user is at work (and not activating at all during weekends). With a sleep mode, the timer can activate and deactivate with the full functionality as the user sets it on a schedule.

Of course, the timer needs an override switch so the monitoring can be turned on 24/7 while away on vacation.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear CHill,

thank you very much for your constructive comments on In.Sight App above. I will forward this to our development team to see if this kidn of improvements can be arranged.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    So, I want to again confirm that the app is not working properly on multiple levels with this alert and Dropbox situation.

Usually, I can take the few steps (which is a few too many) of turning off the Motion and Audio alert buttons to stop getting any kind of alert (since the hardware presumably is no longer using its methods for detecting anything).

However, again yesterday, I turned off Motion and Audio detection AND turned of the Alerts switch and still received dozens of files in my Dropbox without any notice from the app. As I stated before, this is not expected behavior under any circumstances. There's no reason the hardware should be recording anything when I turn off both of its methods of detection.

Then, I turned off Dropbox as suggested and stopped receiving the files too. However, this is an ugly workaround because reactivating Dropbox forced me to reconfirm a link to my Dropbox account.

In short, to simply turn off all alerts while I'm at home, I'm required to tap about 15 times in 4 or 5 different menus! And then do it all again to turn detection back on when I leave home!

That's just ridiculous when a single large switch on the first screen I see when launching the app should do the trick every time.

Thanks again for your attention in this matter.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Another excellent idea (read: highly anticipated) for turning monitoring off and on is Geofence capability. The Philips Hue app recently got a major update that allows turning lights on and off via Geofencing.

The M100 monitor is a perfect candidate for this feature. This way users wouldn't even have to think about turning the unit on or off let alone take out the phone, launch and then tap around an app.

Of course, the situation will arise when I leave the house and my wife or kids remain at home. Then a single switch to stop all monitoring and alerts, including Dropbox, is essential as a simple and easy override.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear CHill,

thank you very much for your constructive comments. I will pass this onto our development team.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team
    Forum Mod