• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Unable to stream some recordings

I've only had the TV (46pfl9705k/02, software level 140.25) a few weeks and have most of the features I want working.
    The TV is connected to my home wireless network (airport extreme & express), on which there are two macs and a Western Digital Live NAS. With "Browse PC" I see EyeConnect (from Elgato) and the Twonky link in the NAS and can watch most of the recordings. Unfortunately, when I select certain recordings I get the error message : "Unsupported file: not able to to execute." .

All the recordings were made with EyeTV on the same iMac so I had a look the packages (file type .eyetv) and realised that they were over 4GB (a 90 minute HD from the BBC or ARD take about 9GB).
    I can watch them (mac to mac) using EyeTV so the speed of the link is not the problem.

Has anyone had this problem or read that Philips' software has a problem streaming large-ish files?

Mike

p.s. why is the performance of "Browse PC" glacial?

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

I think, the .eyetv file format is not supported. I have never heard of that. Maybe you can convert it into a supported format. I use mkv for most videos. FormatFactory is conversion program which I use and does the job well.

Greets

Stefan

P.S. Browse PC works fine at my side. When I browse my PC or MediaServer in FritzBox 7390.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The eyetv format is supported, or at least it works. I have 20 eyetv recordings on an iMac but only 4 of them cannot be watched.

The eyetv package contains 5 or 6 files (the 6th is an m4v for the iPhone); the largest is an mpg file, which cannot be watched on the TV because the format is wrong (error message "File can not be read or found") - I can watch it on the mac with VLC.

To make it more "interesting" I have one eyetv recording, which is larger than 4GB and can be watched on the TV.

Any thoughts?

Mike

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 957
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

use mediainfo.sourceforge.net and look whats the difference between the files which are working and which aren't.

Toengel@Alex

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Good tip, Toengel.

The main component of an eyetv file is an mpg. When I look with MediaInfo, I see an mpg with a format MPEG-TS and video format AVC (advanced video codec).

I made recordings from BBC HD, ITV 1 HD, HD suisse, ARD HD & ZDF and are all recorded in the same, regardless how large to file is - size is not the problem as I thought before. So I cannot stream HD recordings to the TV.

If I try to copy a recording from eytev format (or just the mpg component) to an external disk, which has been formatted for windows (i.e. fat32), I get an error message because the file is too large (i.e. bigger than 4GB).
    If I try to stream a file from an NAS drive to the TV, I can watch the film but I can't change the language (I live in Switzerland where an HD film is shown in 4 languages - does anyone know how to do that on an Philips 46pfl9705k?).

So I've bought a good TV but it's useless for streaming an HD recording.

Any further ideas.

Mike

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

you can't switch audio streams or activate external subtitles with the current firmware on all 2010 TVs.

Toengel@Alex

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    If I watch an english film on a channel (for example, HD suisse, which is broadcast in several languages), where english is the main language, I can change the audio stream to german so I can watch it in german.

So I don't really understand that. If you mean I can't change the language when I watch a recording with "Browse PC", then I don't see how I can do that.

My TV is on version 140.25 and there is a version 140.27; does this version make any difference? Or does Philips need to rewrite the software because it is needs something?

Mike

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

140.27 does not change the behaviour. Your are not able to switch audio streams from non-tv sources...

Toengel@Alex