• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

HTS5561 home cinema - sound shuts off

Hello everyone! First time posting in this forum after searching for my problem without results.

Pardon my phrasing, I´m from Sweden.

A while ago I bought a Sharp LED TV with HDMI ARC. I also bought a Philips HTS5561 sound system with ARC, as well as a 1.4 HDMI cable.

The sound is great (when it works), but when I turn my TV on, the sound system also starts up (which is normal) but there is no sound whatever button I push. As soon as the sound system is restarted, the sound is there and everything works fine.

The only way to make it work from the first startup is to turn the system on a couple of seconds before the TV set. Not exactly the way I want it to be, as I only want to use one remote for the sound and so on, you get what I mean. The wife gets very frustrated when there is no sound from the TV, go figure.

Another problem, that is probably related to the first problem, is that the sound will sometimes just suddenly shut off. It just goes quiet. Only way to get it back is to restart the sound system (TV still on the whole time). This sometimes happen after about 1 hour, sometimes after 4 hours, and sometimes it just works for days.

I have updated the software in both the TV and the sound system to the lates releases, but no luck.

Is this a common problem and is there something I can do about it myself? I would prefer not taking the system back to the dealer as I like it over all, apart from this nagging little problem.

Please let me know if you can share some wisdom in this question!

Thanks guys!

/ Daniel

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have fiddled with updates and easy-link settings for 1 hour now with no results to show.

When I turn the TV on, the HTS5561 switches on. At first there is sound for a second, then quiet for 2 seconds, then the sound comes back on for about 3-4 seconds, then it finally shuts off. It will only return and stay on if I reboot the sound system on its own, or if I go to the home menu and then return to TV picture with HDMI ARC channel.

Is there a bug in the easy-link connection between the TV and sound system?

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Philips MyRemote » Free Android Apps
    free-android.biz/media-video/11242-philips-myremote.htmlControl your connected Philips Smart LED TV, Blu-ray player, Home theater and ... to your TV really turns your smartphone into an easy to use remote control. ... Immersive Sound home theaters: HTS4561, HTS4562, HTS5561, HTS5562,

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Alex and thanks for your answer, unfortunately I have no idea what you are talking about. Did you even take the time to read through my posts?

To begin with, the TV is a SHARP unit, not a Philips. The sound system is a Philips.

I began thinking that since it works if I turn the sound on before the TV, maybe there is a problem with the sound coming from the TV at an inopportune moment just at startup. The TV has a power saving feature that makes it turn on slower, I deactivated this and the TV picture turns on 3 times faster, but no luck, the sound comes on, and then just disappears.

Really? No one has a single clue what´s happening?

And no, I don´t need another app for my phone to fix this problem, thanks Alex.