Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello , I have an 8605 3d ready I bought last year and just now was trying the 3d , I want to see if it works fine or I have some problem so I downloaded the video and loaded with the ps3 , useless to say it didnt load so I downloaded a free app and reconverted to mp4 , then loaded the video and a list of numbers appeared , I set the side to side 3d setting and I can always see the numbers just slight darker one and slight darker the other , if I set to cinema , they tend to disappear the first numbers also if I decrease luminosity , in equal measure , it doesn't seem to be like right eye different from the left I mean with left I see a certain degree of the left sequence and darker the right and viceversa in same way ... do I have a problem ? shoudl the whole set of numbers be invisible? or is ok if the first numbers only get invisible?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Ok I have made severall tests I made also a almoust 50 balanced settings , in severall stuff , I took off the perfect contrast and I saw made a significant difference turnng on light sensor ....
    then I set the image setting to standard , and the following are the results

Warm screen :
    Crosstalk test movie:
    Left eye open/right closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 27
    Left eye open/right closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 60
    Right eye open/left closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 60
    Right eye open/left closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 27

now I must say I am slight miopy on left eye anyway , this is for a fully readable number , but I still saw slight number image gray slight brighter than the dark and this I classify as barely seable , I cant read the number but I can write after I open also the other eye and the 60 become a 47 ...

so does my tv has a problem?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The weird thing is that after all this fixing when I started watching ocean wonderland 3d the image was awfull and I jus thad to switch to normal and scrap all the fixing I did .... anyway ghosting was present often ....

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Ok I bought a new blu ray of oceans , called oceanworld and it is the same problems a lot of image duplicated and headache ... so I called the technician and I hope he can do something when he will arrive , I really love this tv but I also wanted a good 3d to enjoy and I don't want to change it for another brand if possible....

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have watched a same movie on Samsung and it had very light ghosting , not even noticeable actually ...

So since the Samsung I watched was the latest version of 55" , and was perfect 3d to watch with the same movie , also has a calibration system to fix the ghosting if not wrong , ok I coul dstill see some ghosting but this is so minimal and so light that you don't really notice unless you go look for it and I didn't had any headache feeling , with the philips instead I saw fishes doubled and not on the boundary , I mean really 2 fishes instead of one as should be , so the ghosting is really severe, I called a technician now and I hope it can be fixed at least to a samsung level ghosting , because right now it's totally unuseable ...
    I hope that is a problem just with my tv and that can be fixed somehow , to a Samsung like level , that even if is not ghost free like a plasma its very much better and actually enjoyable , as is now on philips I just get a heavy headache ...

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PRometheus View Post
    I have watched a same movie on Samsung and it had very light ghosting , not even noticeable actually ...

So since the Samsung I watched was the latest version of 55" , and was perfect 3d to watch with the same movie , also has a calibration system to fix the ghosting if not wrong , ok I coul dstill see some ghosting but this is so minimal and so light that you don't really notice unless you go look for it and I didn't had any headache feeling , with the philips instead I saw fishes doubled and not on the boundary , I mean really 2 fishes instead of one as should be , so the ghosting is really severe, I called a technician now and I hope it can be fixed at least to a samsung level ghosting , because right now it's totally unuseable ...
    I hope that is a problem just with my tv and that can be fixed somehow , to a Samsung like level , that even if is not ghost free like a plasma its very much better and actually enjoyable , as is now on philips I just get a heavy headache ...

Hi,
    Any update on this as i have the same problem with my 40PFL8605, terrible ghosting. Completely unwatchable.
    Did the technician fix the problem?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    No I am still waiting the answer from the technical support .... was a month or two ago now .... well since my post time .....

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PRometheus View Post
    No I am still waiting the answer from the technical support .... was a month or two ago now .... well since my post time .....
    Hi

can you please send me the Ticket No, you got at the Call Center, via PM?

Thanks
    Thomas

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    did you get it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12