Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up New on Net TV: VoD Onet

VoD offers the premium programming of TV series, movies, documentaries and videos for kids.
    Application uses pre-roll advertisements, therefor the movies are for free!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VoD Onet-Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	1783

Poland
    2010 and onwards
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredNew Achievement!500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    for last few weeks I have problem with this application - "filmy" menu is not correct. I can't see categories and movie's titles

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi MarcinM,

We cannot reproduce that here. Here it works fine.
    1. Could you maybe clear Net TV memory and then a cold start (unplug) of the TV?
    2. If still not okay, tell us please what model number you have and which SW version is inside?
    3. Is it possible to post a picture of the issue?

Regards,
    JuAn
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi

I do have similar problem with Onet VOD as described by MarcinM. I have faced few problems with this app on my BDP5500/12 (firmware 3.71), for instance:
    1. When I use search function, the app shows just few movies or nothing (comparing to search function in real internet browser). As an example - "Inland Empire" doesn't exist on Onet VOD app (I wrote: inland, empire, Lynch, david etc. it doesn't matter if I write capital letters or not). Results of "allen" show just one move, but on VOD webpage I found plenty of them.
    2. When the search function shows something or not, I cannot put any string to search filed. I have to go to any categories (e.g. Filmy, Dokumentny) and back again to "search" to use this function. If I use back button on my remote controller, the device moves me to main NetTV window (I have to start OnetVOD again).
    3. The menu for movie catergory is corrupted - it shows just 4 categories in first row, but the fist icon is without any text info. the second row consist of thumbnails movies (visible just half of the height). In this case I cannot browse subcategories in movie menu.
    4. I have run one movie directly from category, but the app went back to main menu.
    5. I had good luck and I could start the movie from search results. When I would stop watching this movie I push "back" button, then the application swithed off. I have run OnetVOD again, but the application immediately play the same movie (at the begininig show information "retrying to play last movie")

I have sent to OnetVOD a question if they are planing their own application for Philips platform (they have widgets for Samsung and Toshiba units). They answered that they are not planning widget for Philips tv-sets because technical reason...

Finally I have removed this app from my BDP5500.

Anyone faced the same problem and could share the solution?

Regards,
    Tom
    Last edited by TomR; 08-26-2013 at 05:54 AM. Reason: I got new information regarding behaviour of the unit.