New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    ============================
    TV Model: 42PFL6707h/12
    Previous Firmware: FW 150.83
    Current Firmware: FW 180.85

Positive:
    + Flickering effect (split second stripe in screen) still has to be checked. Hopefully this is solved. I will report later, if this is still existing. (fyi, motherboard is already changed by philips services). -> Not expierenced flickering anymore!
    +
    +

Negative:
    - WD 320GB USB drive keeps running even if not using VOD or recording. Effect: drive makes noice. To reduce the effect drive is put into an neopreen cover with the effect the drive is extremly warm. Is it possible to have attention for this in the new FW update by put the drive in sleep mode when not in use?

-
    ============================
    Last edited by Er-Nie; 04-29-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

your HDD is used for timeshift. The TV always records, so that youcan go back in time. Example: watching a broadcast for 10 minutes, you can rewind 10 minutes. So - it's a Feature.

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredNew Achievement!500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver86 View Post
    >Game/PC-Mode: Picture is moved to the right (5 Pixelrows on the left are blind)
    It has been there from the start and it hasnt gone better.
    Other thing is that it is not possible to use pointer in smart TV, how does it work? Everything i have tryed, it wont work.
    I have owned this tv from 2012 August.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

your HDD is used for timeshift. The TV always records, so that youcan go back in time. Example: watching a broadcast for 10 minutes, you can rewind 10 minutes. So - it's a Feature.

Toengel@Alex
    Hi,

Sometimes you want to record a program just when it has just finished (you watched it on your Tv and liked it) but that is not posible.Why?

Tv is always recording or buffering ?

Thanks,

John Pickles
    Well, just spent my first full evening with my 7007 running 150.85. I have to say, I'm quite impressed. The dynamic backlight flicker seems to have been fixed and even better, it seems a lot more responsive when changing from dark to light scenes. When I tried using best picture or best power I had previously found the changes in brightness to distracting. Tonight I watched Skyfall on Bly in an unlit lounge using energy saving setting. Not once was I aware of the picture changing but the blacks remained inky black with not a trace of bleed or clouding. I know the dynamic backlight is working as I turned it off a couple of times during the evening and the picture 'lightened' up a bit. I even left pnm on minimum and this seems to have been improved as well. Only minor artifacting around moving objects but hardly noticeable. Overall, I think 150.85 is a major improvement. Lets hope they don't cock it all up in a future update.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    @John Pickles.

Could you explain the different dynamic-backlight settings? For instance, what's the difference between 'standard' and 'energy saving'?

I thought 'energy saving' was for 'saving enegy' but as a result, not giving the optimal picture quality compared to the other settings?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I found out that there is another problem since this update.

The picture is set to the right not only in PC/Game-Mode. It´s also the same if the Mode is turned off.

Can you check that and give an answer if i`m right.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver86 View Post
    I found out that there is another problem since this update.

The picture is set to the right not only in PC/Game-Mode. It´s also the same if the Mode is turned off.

Can you check that and give an answer if i`m right.
    Not for me, on my 6007 with game mode off, unscaled is fine and as expected, I confirmed this with a test pattern.

Banned
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrb1972 View Post
    Not for me, on my 6007 with game mode off, unscaled is fine and as expected, I confirmed this with a test pattern.
    The scale is fine for me with it Off, on windows 7 i can see the Show Desktop on the rightest corner perfectly and on a Overscan Test pattern all the lines are perfectly visible to the end of the screen on all 4 sides.
    When Computer or Game, the buttom and the right sides white lines are not visible, and the Show Desktop is almost cut but you can see the P goes all the way to the side

Do you guys use the TV as Computer monitor connected to Radeon 7970 HDMI ? set as Computer Game mode > Computer or Off ? Cause it seem that Off is impossible to play and Computer mode just turn the brightness alot, Game mode seems good.

The problem is if i want to watch movie i need to change the profile from Standard ( my gaming profile ) to Movie and then go all the way to the Setup > Tv Options and all the way down to Game or Computer and change it to Off.
    It's terribly annoying, what's the point to do that all the freaking day instead of having a shortcut to get there in 1 button or to get to Game or computer, cause this are the options we care about, things we need to disable and enable once per use, and for picture profile that's good 2 buttons, as long it's not more than 3 buttons and scrolling all over the menus, which are Slow too.

The other thing no matter what if it's Computer or Game when enabling 3D mode there is the same latency same as Computer or Game mode on Off, which is very very annoying to control the mouse or anything at all.
    Last edited by x7007; 03-14-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Actually, it now seems that after last firmware the "5 pixel picture shift to the right" Has been fixed, i havnt come across it yet.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Can't seem to update my TV. Whenever I try to install the update it fails. I'm running 180.82 at the moment on a 6007k tv.

The tv can't find the update on the web for the time being and won't install it from a USB.

Anyone has any ideas what I could do?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by acidduck View Post
    @John Pickles.

Could you explain the different dynamic-backlight settings? For instance, what's the difference between 'standard' and 'energy saving'?

I thought 'energy saving' was for 'saving enegy' but as a result, not giving the optimal picture quality compared to the other settings?
    Hi Acidduck, sorry for the slow reply. I can't really explain the technical differences between the different dynamic backlight settings. I think you've pretty much nailed it on the head with your description above. I chose to use power saving to test for dynamic backlight flicker as this was the setting that seemed to exhibit that problem on previous software versions. I'm happy to say that I have not seen it at all since the update. My preference for the backlight setting is standard. I've gone through all the settings and tweaked them slightly. I've dropped colour to 50, switched off noise and mpeg artefact reduction. PNM off, colour temp to normal and dynamic backlight to standard. With those tweaks applied, I use energy saving for watching in a darkened room, standard or natural for daytime viewing. I'm really pleased and think Philips have done a good job with this update. Ok, the menus are still a bit slow, but as I find I'm not having to dive into them as often to change settings, it's no longer that much of an issue. I'm watching F1 on SkyHD at the moment.F1 is a good test for DSE and banding with all the fast panning shots across areas of block colours. It watch pretty much unwatchable on my previous 47pfl6907 due to banding, but I'm seeing virtually none of that on my current 46pfl7007. The only fault I can find now is one stuck pixel but I don't see it at normal viewing distance so I'm not letting that spoil my enjoyment of the set
    Philips have come in for some (deserved) critism for previous software. This time, I think they've got it right.

PS. I seem to have got two ID's on here somehow. Obviously and age thing. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to delete / combine profiles?? Cheers, John AKA Barrowboy63 :-)
    Last edited by Barrowboy63; 03-17-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: content

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    watched Amazing Spiderman 3D yesterday (SBS from HDD). paused it for ~10m and when i started to watch it again i saw black pulses from glasses, had to switch off TV. of course here is another problem, i was around 1h before so i had to fast forward it to the point i was, why can't it remember where it was stopped... common feature.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aise View Post
    watched Amazing Spiderman 3D yesterday (SBS from HDD). paused it for ~10m and when i started to watch it again i saw black pulses from glasses, had to switch off TV. of course here is another problem, i was around 1h before so i had to fast forward it to the point i was, why can't it remember where it was stopped... common feature.
    Blu-ray Discs / players not remembering where they were stopped is hardly the fault of the TV software. It's a limitation of the format, not the tv

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowboy63 View Post
    Blu-ray Discs / players not remembering where they were stopped is hardly the fault of the TV software. It's a limitation of the format, not the tv
    file was .mkv and it was played from HDD wich was connected directly to TV's USB port! old samsung continued exactly at the same place where stopped, with philips you have to fast forward!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast