Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Question Volume loudness

Hi
    can somebody help me? My GoGear volume the bar is up to 31 as maximum level.
    I am not able to find further info in the instructions. Is it possible to increse the volume?
    It is not so loudy, in the shop where I bought it they told me it is a defect of the product
    and if I would have had a louder device I shoudl have bought a Ipod or Sony (????)
    Thanks for your help.
    Franz

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I also bought this device today and I noticed the volume is way too low, even at 31.
    I am pretty sure it's not a defect but a limitation because of the UE regulations, which limit the output volume of such devices.

I also have wax plugs in my ears (naturally formed) but my old mp3 player didn't have a limitation on sound volume so I just turned the volume up till it was ok for me.

I hope that Philips launches an unofficial firmware which removes the current volume limitation.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thank god the guys from the shop where I bough this piece of crap were nice enough to allow me to return it and receive my money back.

This is outrageous. I would have closed my eyes on all the other problems if at least i could have actually hear the music at a decent level. But no. Philips loves UE regulations. For example, Sansa has the option to change the region to "Rest of the World" so at the same time it stays cool with regulations AND offers the buyers the possibility of unlocking the volume limit. Now that's not even smart, it's DECENT. However, decent doesn't apply for Philips.

You push any button and the image is refreshed after.. 2 seconds?! How on earth did this pass the QA team? It's really hard for me to believe that this were the specifications. Because if they were, Philips can successfuly be pronounced as the worst mp3 player designer in the world.
    The hell, 3 years ago I designed a game that was running on a 16 Mhz proccesor. The image was displayed on an LCD display. The refresh rate wasn't that great, but it was 2 or 3 times faster than this Philips mp3 player. How on earth is this even possible.. beats me.
    With this 2 seconds lag, you cannot practically browse through a list of .. 50 songs. But an average listener has.. 300 songs at minimum. How can you search for a specific song? You can't.
    Not to mention the glorious "Shuffle" option that "shuffles" the songs in the same order every time. Did Philips programmers ever heard of srand function in C/C++?

My conclusion: run away from this mp3 player, you'll only get frustrated and find a way to return it.

Thanks Philips, really ruined my week. I'll never buy anything from you again. Shitty products. Shitty QA team. You should fire them as quickly as possible.