Results 1 to 2 of 2
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Points: 406, Level: 4
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 0%
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power

    MCI8080 harddisk database corrupt, internetradio menu suddenly in other language

    Two weeks ago, I installed a new MCI8080 audio system.
    The language is set to Dutch, and all my menus were indeed in Dutch.
    Last week, I copied one music album from my PC to the hard disk of the audio system over the network. That worked as expected: I can now play this album from the hard disk of the audio system.
    Yesterday I copied a number of albums for my PC over the network to the hard disk of the audio system. After the copying was finished, I tried to find the new albums on the audio system. But they were not there, only the album of last week is shown.
    When I use the MyRemote App on my android phone to go to the hard disk contents, it also only shows the single album, and on the top line there is a message 'updating database 0%'. After 12 hours it still says 0%, and no other albums are available.
    Also, suddenly part of the menu of the audio system is in the English language. To be specific, the Internet radio menu suddenly shows English menu items instead of Dutch, whereas all other menus are still in Dutch.

    This afternoon I succeeded to recover a part of the audio system.
    I did a reset to factory settings. After that, the music albums on the hard disk are shown and can be played.
    Is this the normal procedure?
    But the strange language problem in the menu persists. No matter what language I choose, the Internet radio menu is in English!

    This MCI8080 system is a replacement for a previous MCI8080 system wich suffered many defects, among which also the strange menu language problem. I was not able to repair that myself. But when the system was returned to repair department, they did not see this problem. And when I received the system again, it was okay. So what has the repair department done and how can I do that myself?

  2. #2
    Points: 5,813, Level: 22
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    New Achievement!Overdrive5000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Frequent Poster
    Philips - Katerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

    Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

    Kind regards
    Philips Ė Katerina

Similar Topics

  1. Corrupt Library Unable to Create New Profile
    By vendriegal in forum Sound: GoGear SA3-series (2011)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2015, 01:03 PM
  2. MCi8080 - Refreshing database, playlist formats and extension cables
    By Craig_r in forum Sound: Streamium MCi series (MCi900| Mci8080| MCi730| MCi500| MCi298)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2015, 12:07 PM
  3. MCI8080 harddisk database corrupt, internetradio menu suddenly in other language
    By markzwijsen in forum Sound: Mini/Micro Audio System Product Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 08:52 AM
  4. App voor internetradio
    By Canarias in forum Smart TV: Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 06:16 PM
  5. as851 - wakeup thru internetradio
    By HenrySample in forum Sound: Android Docking Solutions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 07:58 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts