• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Angry TV 32PFL3208H/12 freezes and stop responding

Hi, On may 15 I bought a new Philips Tv 32" model 32PFL3208H/12 and since then it hangs, it stop responding at the remote and do not change any chanel or do any action at all.

I have talked to the chat service and they saig I should install the latest software update and so I did, but it is useless.

What I should to do?

Does it happens to anybody else?

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,534
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by correu@andreumurcia.com View Post
    Hi, On may 15 I bought a new Philips Tv 32" model 32PFL3208H/12 and since then it hangs, it stop responding at the remote and do not change any chanel or do any action at all.

I have talked to the chat service and they saig I should install the latest software update and so I did, but it is useless.

What I should to do?

Does it happens to anybody else?
    Hi Correu,

Sorry to hear all this. Can you inform which SW you have installed? Is it v002.015.000.001 (type "123654" on the remote and go with the arrows through the menu's until you find the SW version)?
    Does the TV freezes constantly, or only at a certain moment? What is your setup and when will it happen?

If you have the latest (v2.15) software and did a cold start (remove mains plug for 1 minute) and still have the issue, it looks to me as a technical defect, and you should contact your dealer/local helpdesk (http://www.support.philips.com/suppo...g_selector.jsp).

Kind regards,
    JuAn
    Forum Mod

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips View Post
    Hi Correu,

Sorry to hear all this. Can you inform which SW you have installed? Is it v002.015.000.001 (type "123654" on the remote and go with the arrows through the menu's until you find the SW version)?
    Does the TV freezes constantly, or only at a certain moment? What is your setup and when will it happen?

If you have the latest (v2.15) software and did a cold start (remove mains plug for 1 minute) and still have the issue, it looks to me as a technical defect, and you should contact your dealer/local helpdesk (http://www.support.philips.com/suppo...g_selector.jsp).

Kind regards,
    JuAn

Hi v2.15 is instead: v1.3. Can It be the problema?, if so, how can I solve it?. The SW is the same.

Please, reply as son as posible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-05-21 21.36.39.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	1923   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-05-21 21.36.48.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	1924  

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Today I have installed the new firmware v002.021.000.001 and it seems to work all right. Since this install, the TV haven't frozen or stop responding any more, I am really happy. I hope in the next days I will confirm this. Also, I have noticed SmartTV works better but YouTube app keeps bugging a little. For instance, if while watching a video you click some key like "forward" it may crash, but despite you will need to shutdown the TV, it will restart perfectly (before it was impossible, you had to unplug and do a "cold" start of the TV).

Two more things:

The Philips menu and shortcuts and orders are the easiest compared to other TV brands on the market.

And second, please, add more apps like they are in Samsung. I miss a lot of them.

Keep me posted for further firmware updates and more apps in my Philips SmartTV.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,534
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by correu@andreumurcia.com View Post
    Hi,

Today I have installed the new firmware v002.021.000.001 and it seems to work all right. Since this install, the TV haven't frozen or stop responding any more, I am really happy. I hope in the next days I will confirm this. Also, I have noticed SmartTV works better but YouTube app keeps bugging a little. For instance, if while watching a video you click some key like "forward" it may crash, but despite you will need to shutdown the TV, it will restart perfectly (before it was impossible, you had to unplug and do a "cold" start of the TV).

Two more things:

The Philips menu and shortcuts and orders are the easiest compared to other TV brands on the market.

And second, please, add more apps like they are in Samsung. I miss a lot of them.

Keep me posted for further firmware updates and more apps in my Philips SmartTV.
    Hi Correu, that's great news! BTW, the earlier SW version you had was v2.15 acc. to your screenshot (line 2.1 in your second screenshot). Just yesterday this new SW 2.21 was released. To get the latest SW, please check from time-to-time via the menu. Enjoy your TV! Regards, JuAn.
    Forum Mod