Hybrid View

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Bad experience with 42PFL4007H/12

Hi I've been having some bad experience with my TV and the support from Philips since I got it 3 days ago.

Bought the TV on 29 March. Set it up on 31/3.
    TV seems to be working fine in general, except that Youtube videos can't load and just hangs there.
    Tried to register my TV on the Singapore site, but the Philips site is down for upgrading.
    Called the service centre and was told to try to reduce the display resolution setting instead of having it on HD. Shouldn't it be a basic requirement that the TV support downloading and play of HD clips? Was then told to try updating the software by myself if reducing the display resolution didnt work. Do note that the TV is brand new out of the box, there seems to be a bug, and I'm told to try troubleshooting by myself. Requested for a technician to come down to help get it fixed, but was told there would be a service charge.
    Would anyone from Philips care to comment if this is an acceptable customer experience?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Philips; 04-05-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marinman View Post
    Hi I've been having some bad experience with my TV and the support from Philips since I got it 3 days ago.

Bought the TV on 29 March. Set it up on 31/3.
    TV seems to be working fine in general, except that Youtube videos can't load and just hangs there.
    Tried to register my TV on the Singapore site, but the Philips site is down for upgrading.
    Called the service centre and was told to try to reduce the display resolution setting instead of having it on HD. Shouldn't it be a basic requirement that the TV support downloading and play of HD clips? Was then told to try updating the software by myself if reducing the display resolution didnt work. Do note that the TV is brand new out of the box, there seems to be a bug, and I'm told to try troubleshooting by myself. Requested for a technician to come down to help get it fixed, but was told there would be a service charge.
    Would anyone from Philips care to comment if this is an acceptable customer experience?
    Thanks.
    Hi Marinman.

Could you please confirm to me the software version installed on your TV?

Even if the TV is brand new out of the box, new software can have come out after the TV was produced, meaning it's not up to date.

The TV does support HD videos, however how quick and smooth they play it also depends on your internet connection and if the TV is the only one on the router or shareing with other devices that might use most of the internet. Have you connected your TV by Wireless or wired?

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi Marinman.

Could you please confirm to me the software version installed on your TV?

Even if the TV is brand new out of the box, new software can have come out after the TV was produced, meaning it's not up to date.

The TV does support HD videos, however how quick and smooth they play it also depends on your internet connection and if the TV is the only one on the router or shareing with other devices that might use most of the internet. Have you connected your TV by Wireless or wired?

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    I fully understand that new SW versions could be available after the set has been produced, but do understand that from a customer's perspective, to receive a set which has issues, then to be told that I have to reduce the TV's resolution to be able to play HD videos (btw, the technician finally came down and even he was surprised at that suggestion), then be expected to download the new SW on my PC and do the ugrade, is simply not a nice user experience at all. There are other competitor's TVs which update SW at the touch of the button on the remote.

The same Youtube videos play with no issue wirelessly on my ipad.

Anyway, the technician who came down said there seems to be some interfacing issue between the TV, internet service provider and Youtube.

TV has since been returned to the retailer.

Thanks.