Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation T921E_2.15 firmware bugs for 32PFL3517H/12

Hi everyone,

I hope somebody will hear my problem here, because the Romanian Philips support didn't help me at all. They were just pointing me to different pages in the manual, although I was clearly saying that there is a bug.

So here is my no 1 problem: last year when I bought the TV I set the country to Germany so I could find all the DVB-C channels from my cable operator. If I set Romania (you probably guessed that I'm from Romania by now ) only the analog channels were found. In order to get the proper time displayed (Romania is GMT+2) I had to set Daylight savings on, that meant Germany timezone + 1 hour.

Last week we had the clock advanced 1 hour (DST) so I was getting the wrong time on my TV -> my TV Schedule was wrong, because it was showing the time in Germany's timezone. So I Re-installed the TV now with Romania selected as country and then I discovered that I had to give a full scan in order to find all the DVB-C channels.

All was good, but now all the special characters in the channel names (for ex. I have Erdly TV instead of Erdly TV) and in the TV Guide are wrong. This is for the Romanian characters (șță) and for the Hungarian characters (űő). I tried everything without luck. It seems the character encoding is set wrong for Romania. Please see the images here: https://plus.google.com/photos/10774...CJbYwtzixsSIaA

Problem no 2.: during the numerous reinstall I set different menu languages, particularly: English, Hungarian and Romanian. What I found is that if I set it to Hungarian the Full scan option in the scan settings is missing, only the Advanced option is available.

Problem no 3.: when releasing a new version of the firmware, could you please change the Hungarian translation for the Sleep timer and Auto switch off? Currently it looks like this:

Sleep timer - Autom. kikapcs.
    Auto switch off - Autom. kikapcsols

I couldn't understand what was the difference between the two until I switched to English.

Thanks

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Andras.

Welcome to the forum.
    I would need some more information regarding what you're experiencing.

Last week we had the clock advanced 1 hour (DST) so I was getting the wrong time on my TV -> my TV Schedule was wrong, because it was showing the time in Germany's timezone. So I Re-installed the TV now with Romania selected as country and then I discovered that I had to give a full scan in order to find all the DVB-C channels.
    Could you please confirm you got the right time now when country set to Romania?

All was good, but now all the special characters in the channel names (for ex. I have Erdly TV instead of Erdly TV) and in the TV Guide are wrong. This is for the Romanian characters (șță) and for the Hungarian characters (űő). I tried everything without luck. It seems the character encoding is set wrong for Romania. Please see the images here: https://plus.google.com/photos/10774...CJbYwtzixsSIaA

1. From the photo, not able to tell as we are not familiar with the language characters of where should be correct or wrong, could you show us a correct Romanian/Hungarian character vs the wrong Romanian/Hungarian characters.
    2. Last year when you set the country to Germany to receive DVB-C channels, did you observed similar characters issue for Romanian / Hungarian characters. Yes or No?

Problem no 2.: during the numerous reinstall I set different menu languages, particularly: English, Hungarian and Romanian. What I found is that if I set it to Hungarian the Full scan option in the scan settings is missing, only the Advanced option is available.
    If you select Advanced option, the Full scan is available, could you please confirm this is right?.
    If you still did not see the Full scan, please take a snapshot and send that to us.

Problem no 3.: when releasing a new version of the firmware, could you please change the Hungarian translation for the Sleep timer and Auto switch off? Currently it looks like this:

Sleep timer - Autom. kikapcs.
    Auto switch off - Autom. kikapcsols

I couldn't understand what was the difference between the two until I switched to English.
    I have passed this information on.

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Benedickte,

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Could you please confirm you got the right time now when country set to Romania?
    Yes, the time is correct, but I have to set it Daylight saving (which is normal).

could you show us a correct Romanian/Hungarian character vs the wrong Romanian/Hungarian characters.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0213.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	1858Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0212.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	418.3 KB 
ID:	1857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0211.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	1856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0210.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	1855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0207.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	1854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0204.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	1853

You can clearly see the difference between the letters on all languages, including German. As far as I see it here is which letter is which:

Wrong fonts if country is set to Romania:
    Correct letter Displayed symbol
    Romanian letters
    Ş or Ș "
    ş or ș
    Ţ or Ț 5/8
    ţ or ț ?
    did not find on any program with this letter in it
    Ɖ
    Ă
    ă superscript a (U+0363)
    ˛
    Hungarian letters
    displayed correctly
    or
    Ő did not find on any program with this letter in it
    ő ı or
    Ű did not find on any program with this letter in it
    ű
    or
    Ŧ
    German letters
    Ħ

Regarding the difference between Ș Ş please read here: http://tolnaitranslations.com/2012/0...an-characters/ Both characters are used,

did you observed similar characters issue for Romanian / Hungarian characters. Yes or No?
    Only with the Romanian letter Ş and ş that appear as ͦ or ͣ. If I set the country to Romania, other symbols are displayed for these letters (see above).

If you select Advanced option, the Full scan is available, could you please confirm this is right?.
    Sorry this was my mistake. If I set it to Germany I have three options (Quick, Advanced and Full), if I set it to Romania I only have two scanning options (Advanced and Full).

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Any news on fixing these bugs?