Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Angry 46PFL3608/F7 - FW Update PHL-0CEX_078_4

I recently updated the firmware on my TV and now when I go to view SD programs on Hulu that are in 4:3 aspect ratio, I can only see part of the video. It appears as if I am looking through a window at the image, the window is the correct size and shape to be a 4:3 aspect ratio video, but the video appears to be stretched out behind it. I have called Hulu and Philips about it. Hulu seems to take the issue seriously and are looking in to it. Philips' online chat said they hadn't seen anything like that before and then stopped responding, when I called them they said it was a "Hulu problem" and that Hulu would have to fix it for me. The problem is Philips gave me the software that is currently at issue, and is the only way I get new software to put onto the TV. I only bought this tv about 3 months ago and have had no issues with it until now. I guess I won't be updating the firmware again, and I will be thinking twice about getting another Philips product if this can't get fixed. If you were wondering, I can view the videos on Hulu fine on other devices, and SD programs that are in a 16:9 aspect ration seem to be working fine. I am attaching a picture I took of the screen so you can see what it looks like when this happens. If anyone has any ideas about how to fix this I would be appreciative.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140110_180433.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	736.2 KB 
ID:	2340

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have noticed the same problem when watching older videos via Hulu. I have also noticed a problem with Hulu after installing this latest firmware. The Hulu commercials start but then it locks up when returning to the video. I have to back out to the main menu and then resume the video. So now Hulu is worthless to me on Net TV. I would like to install the previous firmware but that does not seem to be possible so Net TV is worthless to me.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I tried contacting support through chat but they never replied. I did find a solution to my problem. I discovered if I change the download speed to the lower setting then the video resumes after the commercial interruptions.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have verified on my western digital player that hulu comes up correctly on older videos that are 4:3 format and I can see the entire video. Since the latest firmware update on my Philips TV Hulu is not coming up 3:3 and not 4:3 so about one quarter of the screen is cut off on the sides. I will try again to contact Philips support to see if they are aware of this issue and get a ticket number on the issue. So far I have not been able to contact Philips support. It's like they just don't want to answer the phone or chat.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I finally got through to Philips support. They initially said it is working as designed. I pointed out that my western digital player works just find and shows the entire 4:3 screen. That the screen coming up since the firmware update is 3:3 and not centered. That one quarter of the screen is cut off on the sides. I can't believe the tech asked if I tried centering my screen. I explained that everything else is centered why should I mess that up. Anyway he said he would submit this as an issue to the proper department. We will see. I also contacted Hulu on this issue.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Well you at least got farther than I did with Philips. Hulu took the issue seriously and even called me back to get model and serial numbers to try and track down the issue and recreate it. Philips seem to not even care. I asked how I would get the software updated on my tv from Hulu and was told yet again, "its a Hulu problem." I'm holding out hope that it will be fixed, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I told the Philips tech that this was a bug with their Hulu Plus app in the latest firmware release and that it worked correctly before this update. He said he is going to escalate it but I am not too hopeful that Philips will actually address this issue. Hulu however as in your case is taking this very seriously. Today I received an email asking some specifics, make, model, firmware and a couple of other things. I sent a reply along with pictures of a 4:3 playback using the Philips Hulu Plus app and my WD TV Live Hulu app. The picture showed how far to the left the video is and how much the left side of the video is cut off. Hopefully Hulu will pursue this with Philips. We'll see.