• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

AUTO HDMI-switch

I'm using a JVC-TV, a CISCO (Ziggo) Set-Up box and the Philips BDP6100/12.
    My TV-set has only one HDMI-input, so I try a HDMI-switch that is working well with my other TV and Set-Up box and a samsung mediaplayer.
    The Philips BDP6100/12 does not worked with the auto SetUp-box (manuel it's O.K.).
    Is there someone to help??

Silver Member
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Autoswitchers of all varieties (component, composite, HDMI, etc) all have the same problem - they can't detect what you are thinking. I had a Audio Authority (actually still have stored away) component video auto switcher. It performed exactly as specified and half the time I would still have to get off the couch to change it to what I wanted. It was mostly because I would leave a device on or the device I really wanted to go to was a lower priority than the one I had on.

It is much easier to get a remote controlled (or RS-232) switcher with a good universal remote and then have buttons on the universal remote for all the combinations that you could want. Program the universal remote to make the switch and turn on the device. This way there are no extra button pushes required. I suppose an alternative would be to buy a switcher that responds to the on/off commands of the device you are switching to. Those exist as well.

I guess in the end, an auto-switching HDMI switch is only going to be good if the user is consistent in their selections.

Taken from http://www.avsforum.com/t/1402331/be...witcher-senser

*** so basically depends on the HDMI out power.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie View Post
    Autoswitchers of all varieties (component, composite, HDMI, etc) all have the same problem - they can't detect what you are thinking. I had a Audio Authority (actually still have stored away) component video auto switcher. It performed exactly as specified and half the time I would still have to get off the couch to change it to what I wanted. It was mostly because I would leave a device on or the device I really wanted to go to was a lower priority than the one I had on.

It is much easier to get a remote controlled (or RS-232) switcher with a good universal remote and then have buttons on the universal remote for all the combinations that you could want. Program the universal remote to make the switch and turn on the device. This way there are no extra button pushes required. I suppose an alternative would be to buy a switcher that responds to the on/off commands of the device you are switching to. Those exist as well.

I guess in the end, an auto-switching HDMI switch is only going to be good if the user is consistent in their selections.

Taken from http://www.avsforum.com/t/1402331/be...witcher-senser

*** so basically depends on the HDMI out power.

I'm much more structured/easy. I operate my devices in a single task kind of way. My Set-Up Box stays on all the time, handling my tv/movie fill, if I want to play a disk, I grab the Philips Controller, turn the device on, switch input to that device using the universal remote, see the movie, turn it off, switch back. I operate that way, exclusively, always making sure I'm done with whatever input I'm using before switching.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I'm much more structured/easy. I operate my devices in a single task kind of way. My Set-Up Box (Cisco) stays on all the time, handling my tv/movie fill, if I want to play a disk, I grab the Philips remote, turn the Philips-device on, see the movie, turn the Philips off. I operate that way, exclusively, always making sure I'm done with whatever input I'm using before switching.