Results 1 to 7 of 7
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    New Member
    Points: 248, Level: 2
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5
    Points
    248
    Level
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    bdp9700 firmware 3.76 update fails

    Keeps showing "upgrade software failed verification. Insert the correct software."
    Tried both USB from website download and integrated update within player and same result.
    Can anyone help?
    Current version is 3.74, mcu is 0x18

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Points: 1,627, Level: 11
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wesepe/Netherlands
    Posts
    24
    Points
    1,627
    Level
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnew View Post
    Keeps showing "upgrade software failed verification. Insert the correct software."
    Tried both USB from website download and integrated update within player and same result.
    Can anyone help?
    Current version is 3.74, mcu is 0x18
    Hallo Chrisnew,

    With version 3.76 (mcu0x19) I did not have similar issues but I have noticed (My system picked it up already) that a newer version (3.80) is available (MCU 20) and with this very version I had to reboot two times (It checks the software twice). In addition I had to take off power to eventually get a succesful reboot.

    Willem

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Points: 1,643, Level: 11
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Utrecht/TheNetherlands
    Posts
    44
    Points
    1,643
    Level
    11
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    With V3.76 I had to redo with FAT32 formatted USB stick and followed instructions pdf to the letter; worked, including update to MCU19.

    Now got v3.80 over the air but still at MCU19 and the player can't find any more updates so I'm stuck, should be MCU20, right? Can 't find the v3.80 on the website, therefore can 't do a USB-update.


    Anyone know where to find the v3.80 for download on the Philips website?

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Points: 10,484, Level: 30
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Philips - QK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    884
    Points
    10,484
    Level
    30
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Dear Chrisnew,

    Here you can download the firmware file of v3.80:
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/c...scy=SG&slg=ENG

    Kindly follow the below steps see if that helps:

    1) Download the file from support website
    2) Unzip the file
    3) You will see a folder with a .bin file inside.
    4) Drag the folder to the root directory of a USB drive. Better use a empty/formatted USB.
    5) Plug the USB drive to BDP9700
    6) Go to Settings > advanced > firmware update (UI may be slightly different depends on device & language)
    7) The BDP9700 should detect the firmware and automatically update the firmware.

    Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

  5. #5
    New Member
    Points: 248, Level: 2
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5
    Points
    248
    Level
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - QK View Post
    Dear Chrisnew,

    Here you can download the firmware file of v3.80:
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/c...scy=SG&slg=ENG

    Kindly follow the below steps see if that helps:

    1) Download the file from support website
    2) Unzip the file
    3) You will see a folder with a .bin file inside.
    4) Drag the folder to the root directory of a USB drive. Better use a empty/formatted USB.
    5) Plug the USB drive to BDP9700
    6) Go to Settings > advanced > firmware update (UI may be slightly different depends on device & language)
    7) The BDP9700 should detect the firmware and automatically update the firmware.

    Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Hi, i did all the above steps and it still fails and show the same message.
    i have tried 3 different usb, both at the rear of the player and in front of the player.

    please kindly advise what else i should do.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Points: 248, Level: 2
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5
    Points
    248
    Level
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnew View Post
    Hi, i did all the above steps and it still fails and show the same message.
    i have tried 3 different usb, both at the rear of the player and in front of the player.

    please kindly advise what else i should do.
    any help?

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Points: 10,484, Level: 30
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Philips - QK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    884
    Points
    10,484
    Level
    30
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Dear chrisnew,

    You also tried with formatted USB (FAT16/ FAT32)? Also, if that works via internet upgrade?
    If all these do not help, I am afraid you have to contact your service centre to see if there's any hardware issue with your set.

    Sorry about this.

    Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Similar Topics

  1. BDP9700 Latest Firmware upgrade (3.71.01) has been released
    By Philips - Marcus in forum Blu-ray: BDP9000 Series
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 03:42 AM
  2. BDP9700 Latest Firmware upgrade (3.76) has been released
    By Gerhard in forum Blu-ray: BDP9000 Series
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 03:42 AM
  3. Firmware update
    By jesper_v in forum Sound: GoGear SA2-series (2010)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 12:33 PM
  4. HTS3541/78 - V1.52.00 Firmware Upgrade FAILS
    By ricardo.aquino in forum Blu-ray: HTS Series
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 08:25 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 11:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •