• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

42PFL8694H with correct aspect ratio in usb/dlna video

Hello, thanks for the forum.
    I am posting here because i wrote to philips support asking for a feature on this model tv and even though they update its firmware several times they didnt added that feature. I think that it is very important because it will allow everybody to use the option of watching films with the correct aspect ratio. surprisingly enough, that feature exists in the hdmi, and tuner input, but not in the usb or dlna input. Why?
    After i wrote to philips support with the suggestion they called me very kindly, but they didnt fixed it. I think it shouldnt have to be too difficult to do. They have the tools and the source code.
    thanks for reading me
    and I hope someone from philips reads this and correct this flaw.
    thanks again
    Luis

Silver Member
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    The TV keeps the settings as set before you access DLNA or USB. I have put my ratio settings to automatic. My TV scales the video over DLNA correct via TVersity. Photographs are not scaled, but that seems to be a TVersity related issue, the latest TVersity release mentions a fix for this.
    But you are right, it is a not nice that you cannot change the format settings while you are watching in DLNA or USB modus. So, if you need to change the format ratio settings, just press the home button and do the settings, but it will indeed stop the USB or DNLA modes, you have to reactivate it. That is indeed a “Let’s make things better” item for PHILIPS.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi all. This looks very much like the issue "patrick" mentioned: not being able to set basic TV settings without having to leave NetTV. I think this can certainly be an improvement. I hope that "Mr. Philips" is listening.....?

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello, thanks for answering, but my model of philips doesnt work like that, when i enter dlna it changes the settings and it doesnt matter what i set whiile on TV. I am sure Tversity is the one that scales the video, not the TV. I have some dlna media servers that scales the video correctly, but they doesnt work in my server. it would be much more easy if the tv could change aspect ratio as it does with the tuner or hdmi input. i hope philips fixes this, because it is very annoing.

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by DellUser View Post
    The TV keeps the settings as set before you access DLNA or USB. I have put my ratio settings to automatic. My TV scales the video over DLNA correct via TVersity. Photographs are not scaled, but that seems to be a TVersity related issue, the latest TVersity release mentions a fix for this.
    But you are right, it is a not nice that you cannot change the format settings while you are watching in DLNA or USB modus. So, if you need to change the format ratio settings, just press the home button and do the settings, but it will indeed stop the USB or DNLA modes, you have to reactivate it. That is indeed a “Let’s make things better” item for PHILIPS.