• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Arrow BDP8000 problems streaming SD content while HD is fine

I can stream 1080p MKV movies over my cable based home network to my Philips BDP8000/12 with 1.53 FW without any problems what so ever. Network performance is therefore not a problem. I cannot do the same with SD movies in .avi format. If I do that after about 10-12 minutes playback pauses only to continue a few seconds later. If i am lucky, this does not start untill an hour has passed in a movie. Once it has started, the pauses increase in frequency and lenght. When I hook up a USB drive to the Philips everything plays as it should.

Any ideas to where I should start looking as my network can stream 1080P without problems but the BDP8000 suddenly runs into problems with streamed low bitrate SD content? As the Philips plays the exact same SD clips without problems off an USB drive I do not believe the files are the problem but rather the implementation of DLNA on the BDP8000. The clips on the USB are copied from the NAS, so I do not think the files on the NAS are damaged. The NAS has no problems feeding my older media player with the exact same .avi movies, which is why I do not think the DLNA server on the NAS is the problem either.

Thanks for your time

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Problem isolated to the BDP8000's DLNA implementation

I have tried my old (Netgear) media player and that streams the files the BDP8000 has problems with perfectly. The BDP8000 plays the same files off a USB-drive, so it can decode the .avi-files in question just fine. When played from my USB HDD all .avis that I have play perfectly. I can therefore safely conclude that the problems resides within the BDP8000's implementation of DLNA for the .avi container.

This makes it all the more frustrating that it cannot play them streamed via the (wired) network. Upgrading to the new 1.56 SW did not change things in this respect. I hope Philips could look in to streaming .avi via DLNA for future updates. I admit it is not the biggest problem in the world as it plays them fine when I use a USB drive, it is just that I sort of hoped to not have to use a USB drive.

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsOverdriveNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks
    Did you change the bitrate of these SD files, looks like something goes wrong her. Check this link http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...lu-ray-players

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for your input Oscar, but as I wrote I only copied the .avi files from my NAS to a USB HDD. Thus, since I only changed their location it should not be a codec issue but rather a DLNA implementation problem of the BDP800.