Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Htb9150/12

Hi all,

Just got this very nice piece of kit but it seems tempermental. Once I connected it the network it updated to the latest version.

Its been set-up using HDMI-ARC and yes I did get the EasyLink cable and it is installed correctly.

Setup:

Philips Cinema 21:9 Gold Series Smart LED TV 50PFL7956H and HTB9150/12 - Easylink
    WiiU - Standard HDMI
    Sky - Standard HDMI

First Problem - From Standby, switched on TV and then Sky, TV Sound only. I then switched on the HTB9150 and message appears telling me the External Amp has failed. After an hour I discovered that the WiiU HDMI cable had twisted which in some way impacted on the HTB9150. After I straightened the HDMI cable the HTB9150 worked so in conclusion HDMI-ARC's achilles-heel is when any HDMI cable fails it won't activate the HTB9150.

I must point out that as the HDMI-ARC (EasyLink) cable was working so the HTB9150 worked fine on TV and HTB9150.

Second Problem - From Cold, switched on TV and then Sky, TV Sound only, I then switched on the HTB9150 and told Amp was activated. TV sound switched off and silence - no sound. So I put everything on STANDBY and then changed my start-up procedure. Switched on HTB9150, then TV and finally Sky. After about 10/15secs the TV sound switched off and the Amp activated and it worked.

I have 10 days to decide if I want to keep the HTB9150, tell me why?

Bill

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I've decided to keep this mainly because the neighbours complained about the noise.

The Good: Everything in 3D, cracking sound especially if you use the Smart TV to load up YouTube and play in HD and the Blue Ray player sells itself.

The Bad: Wireless feature keeps losing signal via the MyRemote app (android) and the interaction with the Philips TV can be synchronised a lot better.

The Ugly: Too many icons will confuse people and when you go from TV to Blue Ray the unit freezes and you have to unplug it to get it to work.

All trial an error but Philips should know better then leave it to the customer to inform them of their short-comings.

If you want a plug an play solution this is not it, yet. Philips still has work to do!!!