Results 1 to 15 of 15
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Points: 942, Level: 7
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    43
    Points
    942
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Srt subtitles aren't perfectly centered

    It doesn't matter which version I use of firmware (I have currently have 150.87) , the srt subtitles aren't perfectly centered. Please see the attachment. When using media player, such as VLC, it's perfect. My television is a 42PFL6687.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Srtfout3.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	252.7 KB 
ID:	1898  

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Points: 9,766, Level: 29
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Philips - Benedickte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    Points
    9,766
    Level
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBelgium View Post
    It doesn't matter which version I use of firmware (I have currently have 150.87) , the srt subtitles aren't perfectly centered. Please see the attachment. When using media player, such as VLC, it's perfect. My television is a 42PFL6687.

    Hi Alex

    This is normal beahvior, also pc tools like VLC are designed to give as much as possible options to change image/audio and text.
    The tv is designed to give a great viewing expierience with best audio and video-quality.

    Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Points: 942, Level: 7
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    43
    Points
    942
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi Alex

    This is normal beahvior, also pc tools like VLC are designed to give as much as possible options to change image/audio and text.
    The tv is designed to give a great viewing expierience with best audio and video-quality.

    Best regards,
    Benedickte
    I would experience a "great viewing experience" if the subtitles would be centered. What I described in previous post was a bug. I never altered settings for VLC (or any other media player) to get the subtitles centered. Please inform the software developers.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Points: 16,215, Level: 38
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,943
    Points
    16,215
    Level
    38
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 98 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBelgium View Post
    I would experience a "great viewing experience" if the subtitles would be centered. What I described in previous post was a bug. I never altered settings for VLC (or any other media player) to get the subtitles centered. Please inform the software developers.
    Hi Alex,

    Would it be possible for you to share these files with us? (video and srt). I would like to investigate this.

    If you have a Dropbox account you can upload it to the shared folder. Please share the link with me in a PM.

    Best regards,
    Ina

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Points: 942, Level: 7
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    43
    Points
    942
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi Alex,

    Would it be possible for you to share these files with us? (video and srt). I would like to investigate this.
    I don't have to. Take ANY movie file on a external USB harddisk with ANY srt to reproduce. It happens with all movies (mp4/mkv/avi/divx) and all srt subtitles. (other subtitle formats don't work too well) They all have the same effect. It's extremely easily to reproduce. Just watch 5 minutes or so with subtitles. The subtitles are UTF-8 or western europe, it doesn't matter. This happens on a 42PFL6687. It also doesn't matter if the srt is Dutch or English, I've tried both. The television menu is in Dutch.

    I have a gut feeling the "." and other characters take up less space than for example the letter "m". I think because of that, the placement of centered text is miscalculated.

    I'm extremely sure the problem isn't the movie file or the srt file.

    You'll have no dificulty to reproduce.
    Last edited by AlexBelgium; 06-19-2013 at 01:06 PM.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Points: 16,215, Level: 38
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,943
    Points
    16,215
    Level
    38
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 98 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBelgium View Post
    I don't have to. Take ANY movie file on a external USB harddisk with ANY srt to reproduce. It happens with all movies (mp4/mkv/avi/divx) and all srt subtitles. (other subtitle formats don't work too well) They all have the same effect. It's extremely easily to reproduce. Just watch 5 minutes or so with subtitles. The subtitles are UTF-8 or western europe, it doesn't matter. This happens on a 42PFL6687. It also doesn't matter if the srt is Dutch or English, I've tried both. The television menu is in Dutch.

    I have a gut feeling the "." and other characters take up less space than for example the letter "m". I think because of that, the placement of centered text is miscalculated.

    I'm extremely sure the problem isn't the movie file or the srt file.

    You'll have no dificulty to reproduce.
    Hi Alex,

    We would very much like to reproduce the issue with the specific files to be able to better analyse where the issue may lie. If you could provide us with the files, we will better be able to investigate.

    Does this happen on other sources as well, such as TV broadcast?

    Best regards,
    Ina

  7. #7
    Bronze Member
    Points: 1,064, Level: 8
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    47
    Points
    1,064
    Level
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    all the bugs you see in xxx7 series are features

  8. #8
    Silver Member
    Points: 2,966, Level: 15
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    126
    Points
    2,966
    Level
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    3
    @AlexBelgium
    I'm not sure if you've already done so, but when the mods ask you for the files in order to reproduce the issue with the specific files (to be able to analyze the issue thoroughly), I would recommend you make the effort to upload the files. That is the only way you can expect to get the issue solved.

  9. #9
    Bronze Member
    Points: 942, Level: 7
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    43
    Points
    942
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightManiac View Post
    @AlexBelgium
    I'm not sure if you've already done so, but when the mods ask you for the files in order to reproduce the issue with the specific files (to be able to analyze the issue thoroughly), I would recommend you make the effort to upload the files. That is the only way you can expect to get the issue solved.
    Yes, I have done it, via private message.

Similar Topics

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM
  2. No more subtitles
    By Lafaurie80 in forum TV: User Interface
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 06:53 AM
  3. Subtitles?
    By Martini in forum TV: Streaming & Network
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 08:27 PM
  4. Buttons on top of device aren't lid anymore
    By RoadRunner in forum Blu-ray: HTS Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 07:13 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 12:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •