[Bugreport] Easylink failure after power blackout + temp. Solution
sometimes if a power blackout occurs (or if one uses a switch panel) I have a Easylink problem between my BDP9600 and 58PFL9955H/12.
First, I'd like to describe the behaviour, if all works normal with Easylink (all Easylink options are enabled at my BDP and TV).
In my Home menu of the TV I have the following options available from my BDP:
- BDP Konfiguration (BDP configuration)
- BDP-CD-Wdg. (play BDP?)
- BDP-USB durchs. (Browse BDP-USB)
- BDP-PC durchs. (Browse BDP-PC)
- BDP-Net TV durchs. (Browse BDP-Net TV)
Then I switch both devices to standby. If then a power blackout occurs (or both devices are switched hard off by a switch panel) and the devices are switched on again, all Easylink entries of the BDP are gone.
If I switch the TV on after a power blackout and afterwards the BDP, the 5 Easylink options never appear.
I only have one entry in the Home menu: "Philips BDP". I could only bring back the 5 abovementioned BDP entries by doing the following procedure.
- switch TV and BDP to standby
- switch on the BDP only! the TV should be switched on automatically (via the One-Touch-Play feature)
- then the 5 Easylink options of my BDP appear again
Also, sometimes after a power blackout the one Easylink entry in the TV Home menu "Philips BDP" is NOT present - even if all Easylink options are enabled! And then the temp. solution mentioned above also do not work!
Can you please make this as an official Bug report?
I have the exact same problem with 40pfl8605h/12 and hts9140 (both on the latest fw.)
The same problem here with a 40PFL7605H/12 and BDP7500S2/12 and also with the Soundbar HSB4352/12.
If the device icons (Philips BDP or Philips HTS) in the TV Home menu are available, the Optionskey of the remote control has no effect.
There are no entries like "Universal access" or "Show device keys", only to rename and remove the device.
due to the downtime of Net TV today and the message to hard switch off / on my TV i used that situation to check Easylink again. I did the following:
- hard off both devices (TV and BDP) (via external power switch, both devices were in standby before that)
- switch on the TV only -> no BDP etc. was seen (I think thats normal after hard power shut down)
- switch on the BDP and observe the TV home menu
- all 5 BDP entries appear after a short while (Excellent!)
- switch off both TV and BDP to standby
- switch on TV only -> all 5 entries of the BDP are in the home menu of the TV (Excellent!)
- start the BDP via the BDP-Net-TV-Entry in the TV home menu -> BDP starts its Net TV Service (Excellent!)
BUT now I can't control the BDP with the TV remote (that worked in the past!)
Also I have a wish: besides the 5 entries in the TV home menu I'd like to have addionally an entry for "BDP Home"...
now I did a complete reconfiguration of the Easylink options in the TV (all off and on again).
Now everything works like a charm! Perfect device communication via HDMI-CEC (a.ka.a Easylink).
today I started my TV and I went to the Home menu...
ALL BDP entries were gone, except the "Philips BDP"!
I didn't change anything. Yesterday evening all 5 BDP entries were available.
So, since I did not use the BDP yesterday I think it is a TV issue.
I mentioned the same problem over here http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...-models)/page9 (message #87).
And yes it has to be a problem from the TV itself. I'm pretty sure there's no relation with totally powering down since I hardly use the power switch.
Actually on one occasion the communication with the soundbar on HDMI 1 was restored by starting up my BDP8000 player at HDMI 2 (?).
In my opinion it has to do with the "Instaport" technology itself or the way it is embedded.
Last edited by Paladium; 03-28-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Tags for this Topic