• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Experience thread - FW v002.021.000.001 (2.21) - for 42x8 and 45x8 series - 2013

Hi,

The new FW is live. For technical feedback (pos. and neg. points) please post here: http://bit.ly/18hu8u3. This thread is more for details and discussions.

Important:
    After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

Changelog:
    TPM1013E_002.021.000.001 (Date published: 2013-05-22)
    • Introduction of new product ranges (22” and 24” series).
    • Improvement on WiFi connection.
    • Improvement on 3D video. (Only applicable to 3D models)
    • Virtual keyboard is removed after access Smart TV.
    • Updated onscreen help content.
    • Updated predefined channel list for Austria.
    • Corrected OSD errors for Portuguese language.
    • Added translations for software upgrade EULA (End User License Agreement).

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Silver Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Benedickte,

have observed the following issues so far:

1. IP-EPG is not functional yet (solved now by workaround).
    2. HbbTV is not functional yet.
    3. If i have a USB stick plugged (e.g. for storage of channel list) it is recognized during each switch-on of TV set and the picture has be changed to a program manually. This is quite uncomfortable and not the case for my other 2010 and 2011 Philips TVs.
    4. Email app is missing in Smart TV. Any reason ?

Best regards,

Willi
    Last edited by dk8pn; 07-22-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

some FW issues

I recently (in may) purchased a 32pfl4258 and upgraded to the latest fw of 22 may 2013.
    However still when switching the TV on it mentions there is a software upgrade available that will be downloaded in standby.
    This message keeps appearing.

Also somehow when I want to timeshift with my hard disk it tells me the disk needs to be formatted (but I already did this and there is a tshift folder on the disk). However the recording that is on the disk can be replayed (I did not try to make a new recording). seems there is something odd there.

(note: the disk contained 4 partitions, the tv formatted the first one and that is being used).

And lastly: after switching on the tv it takes some time before it will response to the remote. Maybe this is because of the usb disk (didn't verify yet without disk).

and maybe a feature request: it would be nice if recordings could be streamed to other devices in the home over uPnP (e.g. to my other Philips TV, now if I made a recording on one, I cannot replay it onto the other (which is somewhat irritating; the use case is watch in the living room, meanwhile record another program on the kitchen tv, but would like to view the recording on the living room tv).

Frans

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    One more question: Is there an online way to access the open source components of this firmware?
    (the FAQ mentions writing to HTC5 in Eindhoven, but I don't think TP-Vision is still located there, also some electronic means would be highly appreciated)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi FransM,

Quote Originally Posted by FransM View Post
    I recently (in may) purchased a 32pfl4258 and upgraded to the latest fw of 22 may 2013.
    However still when switching the TV on it mentions there is a software upgrade available that will be downloaded in standby.
    This message keeps appearing.
    If a message appears regarding an update that will be carried out during standby, this is most likely a channel update rather than a software update. Try to turn off automatic channel update in the menu. See page 37 in the user manual for more info regarding this feature:
    http://bit.ly/13peuwk

Also somehow when I want to timeshift with my hard disk it tells me the disk needs to be formatted (but I already did this and there is a tshift folder on the disk). However the recording that is on the disk can be replayed (I did not try to make a new recording). seems there is something odd there.

(note: the disk contained 4 partitions, the tv formatted the first one and that is being used).
    If you have partitioned the HDD and the TV still asks for the HDD to be formatted, this is most likely the reason why. Our TVs do not (as per specs) support partitioned HDDs. If you have previously been lucky enough to make it work, then that is great, but this is not something we can guarantee.

And lastly: after switching on the tv it takes some time before it will response to the remote. Maybe this is because of the usb disk (didn't verify yet without disk).
    Normal start up time is around 30 seconds, but with external devices connected this can vary, as the TV connects and varifies connection to these devices.

and maybe a feature request: it would be nice if recordings could be streamed to other devices in the home over uPnP (e.g. to my other Philips TV, now if I made a recording on one, I cannot replay it onto the other (which is somewhat irritating; the use case is watch in the living room, meanwhile record another program on the kitchen tv, but would like to view the recording on the living room tv).
    When a HDD is connected to the TV it is then formatted with an encryption. This encryption is TV specific, so therefore streaming to another TV will not be possible. Thank you for the interesting proposal however.

Quote Originally Posted by FransM View Post
    One more question: Is there an online way to access the open source components of this firmware?
    (the FAQ mentions writing to HTC5 in Eindhoven, but I don't think TP-Vision is still located there, also some electronic means would be highly appreciated)
    There is no online way to access the Open Source software. Please refer to page 6 of the user manual for information on how to obtain this. This information is at present correct. Perhaps try to include your email address and your wish for online access and I'm sure they will try to accommodate if possible.

Best regards,
    Ina

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dk8pn View Post
    Hello Benedickte,

have observed the following issues so far:

1. IP-EPG is not functional yet (solved now by workaround).
    2. HbbTV is not functional yet.
    3. If i have a USB stick plugged (e.g. for storage of channel list) it is recognized during each switch-on of TV set and the picture has be changed to a program manually. This is quite uncomfortable and not the case for my other 2010 and 2011 Philips TVs.
    4. Email app is missing in Smart TV. Any reason ?

Best regards,

Willi

Hi Willi,

Points 1-3 have been addressed in the Technical Feedback thread.

I can confirm the email app is not missing, it is not available for your TV model. Not all apps are universal across the TV ranges and can depend on series, country and year of manufacture.

Best regards,
    Ina

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    The new firmware is now live! This thread will now be closed.

The new Experience Thread can be found here:
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...x8-series-2013

Best regards,
    Ina