Silver Member
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Remote : unused buttons

I wonder why not use the 4 coloured buttons (used for teletext) as shortcuts for the TV part (or also HDMI, USB movies) like it once a time ago was when we had old TVs ? In the user manual they are called ''direct selection of options'' , but what options ? 2 of them are assigned to some useless demonstration of different picture adjustments (natural motion...) and eco mode. I would find the useful when assigned like this:
    red: picture style (why dive into a slow menu with 2-3 clicks ?)
    green: audio style (why dive into a slow menu with 2-3 clicks ?)
    yellow: sleep timer (why this has no dedicated key anymore ??? Is it normal to dive deep in the menu to find this ?)
    blue: toggle favourite channels or full channel list

Also the cross keys around the ok can be used also for channel and volume up/down like old style TV. I find them more ergonomically positioned than the dedicated ones. Of course, being a smart TV these keys can chnge their function depending on the menu/application.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbanias View Post
    I wonder why not use the 4 coloured buttons (used for teletext) as shortcuts for the TV part (or also HDMI, USB movies) like it once a time ago was when we had old TVs ? In the user manual they are called ''direct selection of options'' , but what options ? 2 of them are assigned to some useless demonstration of different picture adjustments (natural motion...) and eco mode. I would find the useful when assigned like this:
    red: picture style (why dive into a slow menu with 2-3 clicks ?)
    green: audio style (why dive into a slow menu with 2-3 clicks ?)
    yellow: sleep timer (why this has no dedicated key anymore ??? Is it normal to dive deep in the menu to find this ?)
    blue: toggle favourite channels or full channel list

Also the cross keys around the ok can be used also for channel and volume up/down like old style TV. I find them more ergonomically positioned than the dedicated ones. Of course, being a smart TV these keys can chnge their function depending on the menu/application.

Hi Ibanias,

Thank for your feedback and iniative.

The design of the remotes go through a thorough design process to ensure there are no obsolete features. New possible buttons are also considered to ensure we include neccessary features only.

They are also designed to ensure easy of use for all our average customers. To add features for different buttons in varying circumstances may prove challenging to some.

The colour buttons are still used for various purposes, although perhaps not for your general purpose. I can appreciate this. To change the general use of these may be confusing to the average user.

Best regards,
    Ina

Silver Member
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    This is just a polite answer coming from someone who did not played once with Philips 55 PFL 8007 (or other similar models) . I'm gonna analyze your words to demonstrate this ! I heve nothing personally with you and have no desire to start an argue, but if a customer ask/propose something I guess he deserves a better answer. because i did not ask that a Philips TV to cook a dinner or to behave like a Quad-Core PC (it does not even behave like Dual Core...). I'm surprised that no other customers observed these things, it's like they never saw other old or new TVs !

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi Ibanias,

Thank for your feedback and iniative.

The design of the remotes go through a thorough design process to ensure there are no obsolete features. New possible buttons are also considered to ensure we include neccessary features only. - Other than pointer and smart TV +alphabetic key how does this remote differ from a 1990 remote regarding design process ? Is the piscture change or sound change not a necessary feature ?

They are also designed to ensure easy of use for all our average customers. To add features for different buttons in varying circumstances may prove challenging to some. (for software developers maybe ?) - Why add new buttons when there are unused buttons : in TV mode the teletext buttons : RED show demo for perfect motion, dinamic backlight... (showroom things not useful for home) , GREEN key shows eco settings that you already have them on OPTIONS key with 2xpress , YELLOW and BLUE keys do nothing ! The GREEN key is the proof that someone thought to give us shortcuts but did not think about giving shortcuts of the main features of any TV : image and sound, when YELLOW and BLUE keys do nothing ! Directional keys and OK key also have no function in TV mode.

The colour buttons are still used for various purposes, although perhaps not for your general purpose. I can appreciate this. To change the general use of these may be confusing to the average user. - Is it not more confusing diving into the menu (11x key press via HOME key) or 3x key press via options (4x if you are not on the right tab)

Best regards,
    Ina