• Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

shb700wt bluetooth stereo headset problem.

Hi,
    i received as a gift philips shb7000 wireless headset and i was wondering if you can answer me a couple of questions cause i am not really sure if the model is that way or ..

So first when the audio cable is plugged in, the sound button stops working. I can't turn the volume neither up or down.

Second: i connected the headset to my computer via bluetooth but i cant get the microphone to work. When i want to make a skype call (i change the skype preferences to use the headset sound and mic) or record a voice via windows xp built in sound recorder nothing happens.

Third: when i am on wireless mode i hear noises in my headset. Sometimes is just beeping, sometimes is bray.( its not loud but its there, and its not that i am too far away from the source, i am standing right in front of my computer)

Sincerely.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    for issue 3, i think it is possible...
    find this FAQ:

Bluetooth is designed for high-interference environments, and it is more robust than many wireless technologies. However, you can get some interference from appliances such as cordless phones, Wi-Fi network equipment, and microwave ovens.

If you experience interference between your headset and a paired device, go closer to the paired device and remove any obstacles between the headset and paired device.

Devices with Bluetooth version 1.2 or higher use a technology caused “adaptive frequency hopping”. Bluetooth automatically hops away from frequencies with lots of interference towards frequencies with less interference.

Bluetooth radios can switch frequency 1,600 times per second. The data packets are so small that interference from other RF sources is not likely.

----------------------------------------------

For 2nd issue, so you can hear the audio from the BT device (like ur PC)? just making sure they have been paired up...

-----------------------------------------------

For 1st issue, sorry I dont have much info...

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,
    thank you for the answer.

3th issue - i am standing in a room with just my pc one feet away(i think no interference should appear). and i hear the strange sounds only on my right side (where all the buttons are, for turning on/off, volume contron etc).

2nd issue - i can hear the audio. i tried to connect the headset to my phone and i got the mic to work, so i am guessing its not broken. Any ideas why it wont work on my pc?

Sincerely

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear SocialEvil,

1st issue:
    The audio cable is plugged in, the headset will be turn off and it works like a normal wired headset. Therefore, the On/Off, Vol up and down does not work. You can adjust the volume from the player instead of the headset.

2nd issue:
    Windows does not support Bluetooth headset profile (HSP) or audio profile (A2DP) by default. You may have to install 3rd party driver/application to support these features. Please get support from the PC manufacturer.

3rd issue:
    Since the audio is also from the PC, suspect it is related to point 2 above. But we cannot replicate the issue from here.

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

same issue

hi,
    I have the same problem of the 3rd issue: there is always a rhythmic little bip on the right when headset is in standby and when playing a little buzz. Several computers and several phones, house, office and in the street, with same issues.
    Any help?

Armonico

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - QK View Post
    Dear SocialEvil,

3rd issue:
    Since the audio is also from the PC, suspect it is related to point 2 above. But we cannot replicate the issue from here.

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I just got this headset and I also hear only in the right side some clicking nosies. It is not interference, I have moved all around, the sound follows no matter what device I am connected too. You can hear the sound change from a slow clicking to faster as you start to play music. It is not on the left side and I do not have a hearing problem in my left ear, I switched it around the sound is for sure only in the right side. Of course you can't hear it once the sounds start coming, but in the time there is no audio it is there. Is this normal for this headset? I assume most people just don't pay it much attention, but I find it a little distracting. It does not happen when I am wired in, only when connected via bluetooth. Again I have pretty much ruled out interference as I was far enough away from most sources of interference and could still hear it.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Not merely an iPhone data recovery software, but a universal ios data recovery software that supports recover all Apple's ios devices ranged from all models that Apple ever pulished. iOS devices usually mean iPhone, iPad and iPod.