• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Angry Unimpressed with Philips "quality" product

3 years a go I purchased a 32" LCD tv along with a 2 year service plan separate from the Philips company. I've taken very good care of this TV and kept every bit of information it came with.
    I'm venting my frustration about the fact that just three short years and one month after I purchased this product it stopped working completely. Totally fine the day before and now it's dead.
    I called the service providers I purchased the plan from and of course there was "nothing they can do".
    My next step was to call the manufacturers of course. They're response to my "not typical" problem was even more disappointing. I spoke to two different customer service representatives who gave me my options of taking it to the closest certified repair shop one hour away or buy a new one at a discounted price before shipping and taxes...
    Needless to say I will not be purchasing a Philips product ever again. I was once impressed with their "quality" and affordability because I was someone who was on a budget and still am. Little did I know that their quality product would totally quit on me three years later.
    What's even more disheartening is the customer service reps lack of interest or empathy. So quick to spit out policies and procedures as an excuse for their poor product. Never once did they say they couldn't look into the matter further. I was only told since I was no longer under warranty on their end I had no other options. In my opinion and experience, if this is how this company runs their business it's no wonder the public chooses other brands of TV over theirs.
    Last edited by Philips; 06-07-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Made a bit more readable...

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Klindsay,

Could you please be more specific: which TV model, which country, bought where, talked to, etc.? Please send it to me via PM or email (nettv.forum@philips.com).
    If I have this info, I'll will have a look at it (no promises....).

Regards,
    JuAn

Update (29/5)
    This is the technical info I got from the customer via email:
    The TV I posted about is a 32" LCD Model number 32PFL3505D/F7. Purchased from Wal-Mart in 2010.
    Last edited by Philips; 06-07-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added some info.
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear Klindsay,

I did investigate your case, and listened to your calls with the agent and his supervisor. Both of them showed empathy and understanding to you. During the first call, you even stated: "You have been helpful, I have nothing against you.....".

The issue is that your 2010 32” TV-set is 2 years out of manufacturer’s warranty and the 2 year Service plan you purchased with WMT expired about a month ago.
    The agent and supervisor clearly explained the options of being referred to an authorized Servicer or to purchase a certified re-manufactured set at a discount, or even a new set also at a discount.

So, I come to the conclusion that you have been treated in a correct way, and therefore unfortunately cannot do more for you.

Regards,
    JuAn
    Last edited by Philips; 06-07-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Forum Mod