Results 1 to 7 of 7
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    New Member
    Points: 495, Level: 5
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Points
    495
    Level
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    22PFL2807 - AC3 audio format in avi file

    Hi all
    I have a 22'' TV, model 22PFL2807[/SIZE].
    I can't open a file whose media infos are reported below
    As I understood reading the manual, the tv doesn't support AC3 audio encoding for AVI files, is this correct ?
    Thank You all in advance
    Davide

    Size: 1.55 GB
    Format: AVI format
    Stream count: 2
    Duration: 01:38:10
    Bit rate: 2255 kb/s
    Meta info:
    encoder: VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2540/release)

    Stream 0
    Type: video
    Codec: mpeg4
    FourCC: DX50
    Duration: 01:38:10
    Width: 720
    Height: 288
    Sample aspect ratio: 1:1
    Display aspect ratio: 5:2
    Pixel format: yuv420p
    Frame rate: 25 fps

    Stream 1
    Type: audio
    Codec: ac3
    FourCC: [0] [0][0]
    Bit rate: 448 kb/s
    Sample rate: 48000 Hz
    Sample format: s16
    Channel: 6

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Points: 9,766, Level: 29
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Philips - Benedickte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    Points
    9,766
    Level
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by davide.porcelli View Post
    Hi all
    I have a 22'' TV, model 22PFL2807[/SIZE].
    I can't open a file whose media infos are reported below
    As I understood reading the manual, the tv doesn't support AC3 audio encoding for AVI files, is this correct ?
    Thank You all in advance
    Davide

    Size: 1.55 GB
    Format: AVI format
    Stream count: 2
    Duration: 01:38:10
    Bit rate: 2255 kb/s
    Meta info:
    encoder: VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2540/release)

    Stream 0
    Type: video
    Codec: mpeg4
    FourCC: DX50
    Duration: 01:38:10
    Width: 720
    Height: 288
    Sample aspect ratio: 1:1
    Display aspect ratio: 5:2
    Pixel format: yuv420p
    Frame rate: 25 fps

    Stream 1
    Type: audio
    Codec: ac3
    FourCC: [0] [0][0]
    Bit rate: 448 kb/s
    Sample rate: 48000 Hz
    Sample format: s16
    Channel: 6

    Hi Davide.

    Welcome to the TV forum and thank you for your enquirey.

    Yes, you are absolutely right. Your TV does not support the AC3 codecs for .avi files, only for .mkv files.

    Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

  3. #3
    New Member
    Points: 495, Level: 5
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Points
    495
    Level
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi Benedickte
    is there any file size limit ? I tried to play several files greater than 1Gb with codecs compliant to the specifications that should be accepted by the TV but I couldn't.
    Thank You
    Davide

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Points: 18,320, Level: 41
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,111
    Points
    18,320
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by davide.porcelli View Post
    Hi Benedickte
    is there any file size limit ? I tried to play several files greater than 1Gb with codecs compliant to the specifications that should be accepted by the TV but I couldn't.
    Thank You
    Davide

    Hi Davide,

    There is no file size limit per se, but it is more down to the container, bit rate, resolution and codecs of the files.

    Could you provide the info (as above) for the file you are having an issue with?

    Best regards,
    Ina

  5. #5
    New Member
    Points: 495, Level: 5
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Points
    495
    Level
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi Ina
    please find below the media info.
    Thank You in advance
    Davide

    Format: AVI format
    Stream count: 2
    Duration: 01:38:10
    Bit rate: 939 kb/s
    Meta info:

    encoder: Lavf52.104.0
    Stream 0 Type: video
    Codec: mpeg4
    Codec profile: Simple Profile
    FourCC: DX50
    Duration: 01:38:10
    Width: 1024
    Height: 768
    Sample aspect ratio: 4:3
    Display aspect ratio: 16:9
    Pixel format: yuv420p
    Frame rate: nan fps

    Stream 1 Type: audio
    Codec: mp3
    FourCC: U[0][0][0]
    Duration: 01:37:46
    Bit rate: 128 kb/s
    Sample rate: 44100 Hz
    Sample format: s16
    Channel: 2

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Points: 18,320, Level: 41
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,111
    Points
    18,320
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by davide.porcelli View Post
    Hi Ina
    please find below the media info.
    Thank You in advance
    Davide

    Format: AVI format
    Stream count: 2
    Duration: 01:38:10
    Bit rate: 939 kb/s
    Meta info:

    encoder: Lavf52.104.0
    Stream 0 Type: video
    Codec: mpeg4
    Codec profile: Simple Profile
    FourCC: DX50
    Duration: 01:38:10
    Width: 1024
    Height: 768
    Sample aspect ratio: 4:3
    Display aspect ratio: 16:9
    Pixel format: yuv420p
    Frame rate: nan fps

    Stream 1 Type: audio
    Codec: mp3
    FourCC: U[0][0][0]
    Duration: 01:37:46
    Bit rate: 128 kb/s
    Sample rate: 44100 Hz
    Sample format: s16
    Channel: 2
    Hi Davide,

    Thank you for this. I will look into it and get back to you when I have more info.

    Best regards,
    Ina

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Points: 18,320, Level: 41
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,111
    Points
    18,320
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Hi Davide,

    The issue lies with the FourCC in this case.

    Quote Originally Posted by davide.porcelli View Post
    FourCC: DX50
    DX50 is a DivX codec. This a DivX MPEG4 file, which your TV unfortunately doesn't support.

    Best regards,
    Ina

Similar Topics

  1. WAC700 - File format for MP3 upload
    By Paul Merritt in forum Sound: Other Wireless Audio Models
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 10:09 PM
  2. HTS 5590 File Format not Supported
    By Bulus Ijo in forum Blu-ray: HTS Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 06:07 AM
  3. File Format not supported GoGear Mix SA2
    By byegad in forum Sound: Other MP3/MP4 Models
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 12:56 PM
  4. Philips 37PF9731D10 USB Channel file format
    By gigirex in forum TV: Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 07:41 PM
  5. Permanent subtitles in avi file format are missing - 40PFL5605H
    By vasilaronios in forum TV: Streaming & Network
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 10:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •