Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

HMP5000/12 Videoformat not supported.

Hello,

First of all I am very pleased with the product I have purchased although I am finding myself in some irritating situations here sometimes. I have seen a post about this before and an answer was given, but I was actually hoping if someone could find another solution.

So the thing is, I am playing any kind of .mkv file from an external HDD (SP Diamond d05 1TB) on my HMP5000/12 and after some minutes (varies from 5 min up to 50 minutes) the movie stops playing and shows a message 'Video format not supported' and it then continues to the next movie in the folder which starts and stops immediately and does this untill it finishes all the movies in the folder.

When I browse through my series or films etc. folders they appear to be empty, nothing in it. I have to either restart the Media Player or reconnect my HDD again to continue, yet this problem occured to me yesterday like 5 times in 20 minutes, very annoying.

The solution given was to restart or reconnect the HDD but as you can see, it happends way too often and is time consuming and gives me mood changes.

My temporary solution so far that is working, as I was able to watch 4 episodes in a row without any error, was removing some data from my HDD (Although it was just filled with 50% of its disk space) and dont give extra work to the Media Player as in, dont use pause/GOTO and other options.

I'm not sure what the cause of this is and having to delete my movies or make space everytime doesn't make sense to me.

So my question is:
    Anybody out here has any clue why when I play a movie it gives the error 'Videoformat not supported' after some minutes of playing or earlier or later or sometimes not at all?

Thank you in advance,

L
    Last edited by Laizy; 06-15-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    In what exact formats are your files? Here's the table of the all supported formats and its specifications - http://www.philips.co.uk/c/blu-ray-d...?t=support#rdy

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    In what exact formats are your files? Here's the table of the all supported formats and its specifications - http://www.philips.co.uk/c/blu-ray-d...?t=support#rdy
    Thanks for your reply!

I'm playing .mkv files which are supported, the problem is that I could see movies without errors but if I would play it again it could come up with the 'video format not supported' message multiple times, so the files are supported.

My second thought was dissabling auto scan to the HDD somehow so i twouldnt have to work too hard, but that didnt seem to work either after I manually stopped the autoscan since I dont have the auto scan option under 'system' anymore either.

That another problem by the way, I no longer have [auto scan] [dlna] options available in my 'Settings' > 'system', I figured I'd use the Factory Settings button but that seem to take just 5 seconds plus I end up at a screen in which I have to select the Language and the LAN network, it then crashes and shows the main screen again (usb/esata/setup/internet service/etc) without any changes being done.

I've googled and contacted people but nobody seems to have a similair problem.

L

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Playing episodes of series in Bluray format seem to work just fine, it's just the Bluray Films that stop every now and then. Manually stopping the HDD Scan doesn't seem to work either, it keeps on showing about 2 or 3 times "Videoformat not supported" per Film.

I was kinda hoping I could see films in full HD with this mediaplayer as my blurayplayer has this Cinavia software which seems to work very good apparently.

I'm kinda running out of idea's, I guess I am going to have to bring back this product and let them have a look at it..

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear Laizy,

Yes, the mkv file is supported. But it can be the codec of your mkv that is not supported. You can analyse your file using some media analysis tool like mediainfo. Compare to the results with those codec here to see if that is out of spec: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...63.141.192.206

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello there again,

Thanks for your reply and the attached link. I have checked the information with the link and the specs of the movie and it should play it just fine.

The device has been sent back to Philips some time back, and they took a look at it and it resulted in a malfunctioned device that they were unable to repair.

So I was just unlucky to have an unstable device but atleast we have this topic for people that might end up having the same issues later on and they'll know what to do, quicker than I did.

I thank you all for responding and trying to help and put information out here.

Cheers,

Laizy