• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Silver Member
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Run 3D *.mkv and wmv on memory sticks

Dear expert,

I have 8605 and 3D kid. However I don't have 3D bluray player. To test 3D function of TV. I downloaded a few samples over the internet and save it on memory stick and my media player(connected through HDMI cable)

Firsdtly 8605 Tl doesn't suppoer mkv files. That is interesting. I didn't care much however...

But those movies don't work as 3D. They are supposed to be 3D because I downloaded from a legitimate source. So I took memory stick to a friend who has same tv with 3D blue ray player. I put memory stick to philips 3d blueray player assuming that has something to do with player but didn't work there either.
    So I didn't manage to see how 3D works..

So my question

To use 3D function, does the source have to be 3D Blueray disk and 3d blueray player? If not why my files didn't work?

Is there any way to check 3D function wihout having to own a 3D bluray player? If the format wasn't compartible then please suggest me some 3D demonstration files for me to check the function at least..

Thanks in advance
    Tolga

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience Points25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Philips 3D TVs (2010 series) support only 3D content from the following sources:
    - HDMI
    - DVB (some DVB-S channels broadcasts 3D content)

With an Philips 3D Blu-ray player you can view 3D Blu-rays () and e.g. Side-by-Side 3D MKVs. For the latter you must (after you start to play the file) explicitly switch on the 3D function in your TV and set up the 3D effect to Side-by-Side...

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks. I managed finally. but quality running mkv file is far from quality of 3d bluray player. Thanks for the info..

Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

Philips 3D TVs (2010 series) support only 3D content from the following sources:
    - HDMI
    - DVB (some DVB-S channels broadcasts 3D content)

With an Philips 3D Blu-ray player you can view 3D Blu-rays () and e.g. Side-by-Side 3D MKVs. For the latter you must (after you start to play the file) explicitly switch on the 3D function in your TV and set up the 3D effect to Side-by-Side...

Toengel@Alex

Tags for this Topic