• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

sound but no video on 32pf3321/12 bought second hand

My TV was working very well until a few days ago when a friend pressed some buttons on the remote control and suddenly the images disappeared. I use cable TV and a DVD player yet even the EXT sources and empty channels show a blue screen meaning no signal. Channel numbers and names of certain stations are displayed as well as sound but no picture. I have tried a reset by pressing Vol. minus and Prog. minus simultaneously to no effect. I have disconnected the set over night and restarted yet no change. However, after checking carefully, I discovered that the remote control I was given and which caused the problem is the remote for 23pf5321/01. Please help me out.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ngyebong View Post
    My TV was working very well until a few days ago when a friend pressed some buttons on the remote control and suddenly the images disappeared. I use cable TV and a DVD player yet even the EXT sources and empty channels show a blue screen meaning no signal. Channel numbers and names of certain stations are displayed as well as sound but no picture. I have tried a reset by pressing Vol. minus and Prog. minus simultaneously to no effect. I have disconnected the set over night and restarted yet no change. However, after checking carefully, I discovered that the remote control I was given and which caused the problem is the remote for 23pf5321/01. Please help me out.

Hi Ngyebong,

The symptoms you describe are not likely to be caused by the remote control.

I would advise you to contact customer service. Since this is a TV for the UK market, I would advise to contact the UK customer service regarding this issue:

http://bit.ly/fVmeqg

Best regards,
    Ina

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Philips - Ina For This Useful Post:

ngyebong (07-05-2013)

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi Ngyebong,

The symptoms you describe are not likely to be caused by the remote control.

I would advise you to contact customer service. Since this is a TV for the UK market, I would advise to contact the UK customer service regarding this issue:

http://bit.ly/fVmeqg

Best regards,
    Ina
    UK customer service redirected me to a phone number. our telephone lines in Cameroon are not that good quality wise so if you don't mind, I would like to give you more details. when i power up the tv after disconnecting overnight, the green LED stays on for a while, blinks 3 times, pauses, blinks once and goes into standby.the screen remains dark at this stage meanwhile, this process repeats about 6 times before the screen comes on with a faint glow. adjusting the brightness and contrast produces faint images. hope this extra information can help my case

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ngyebong View Post
    UK customer service redirected me to a phone number. our telephone lines in Cameroon are not that good quality wise so if you don't mind, I would like to give you more details. when i power up the tv after disconnecting overnight, the green LED stays on for a while, blinks 3 times, pauses, blinks once and goes into standby.the screen remains dark at this stage meanwhile, this process repeats about 6 times before the screen comes on with a faint glow. adjusting the brightness and contrast produces faint images. hope this extra information can help my case

Hi Ngyebong,

The flashing LED appears to indicate a hardware failure of some kind. On this TV there is not much you can do to help this issue.

Unfortunately we do not have support services in Cameroon, so
    I would advise you to contact a local TV repair service at this point, as they can take a look at the TV and give advice on repairs.

Best regards,
    Ina