Hybrid View

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Making a playlist without Songbird

I have a 4GB GoGear Raga SA4RGA04KF/97 with firmware revision 1.14.

I am trying to create and install a playlist without using the Songbird software. This is because I most often use a computer running Linux and the Philips Songbird does not run on Linux. While I also have access to a Windows computer, I do not want to install Songbird on that machine.

Does the Raga SA4-series support .m3u playlists?

I have created several m3u playlists that all work successfully in Winamp on a Windows machine. However, after I copy these m3u files to the Raga, they do not appear in the list of available Playlists. Only the three built-in "Playlist on the Go" are shown.

I have tried putting an m3u playlist file in several different file locations to see if it will be detected by the Raga. None of the locations has worked.
    The locations that I have tried are:

\playlist1.m3u
    \Music\playlist2.m3u
    \Music\FolderA\playlist3.m3u
    \Playlists\playlist4.m3u

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can create and install a playlist to my Raga SA4 without using Songbird?

Cheers
    Andrew McLachlan

Silver Member
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Andrew,

do the individual files appear in your MP3 player? If you have problems trabferring them using SB remember you can drag and drop them using Windows Explorer: 1 Connect RAGA to a PC.
    2 On the PC, under My Computer or Computer,
    á select RAGA and create file folders. 3. On the PC, drag and drop music files to the file folder on RAGA. Alternatively drag and drop fiel folders from the PC to RAGA.

Also, once you have individual files, you can creat playlists-on-the-go on your MP3 player.

Hope any of this helps!
    Cheers,
    WW

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi William

Yes, the files do appear on the MP3 player. I transferred the files using a file manager by using the Raga as a USB drive, and copied several folders of MP3 files into the Music folder on the Raga. I even played the files from the Raga using Winamp in Windows 7. I did this both by opening individual MP3 files (on the Raga) in Winamp and by opening playlists (on the Raga) in Winamp. So, I know the files are on the Raga and that there are valid m3u playlists copied onto the Raga.

What puzzles me is that the Raga does not seem to recognise any of the .m3u files as a playlist. The playlists are certainly not given in the "Playlists" selection which is where I expected a playlist to show up. Only the three built-in "Playlist on the Go" are shown. While creating a Plalist on the Go seems useful for making a short and perhaps temporary playlist, it is a very tedious way of creating a long playlist, and only allows three different playlists. I want to have more playlists than this!

When syncing a playlist from Songbird to the player, where is the playlist listed? Does it appear in the Playlist listing? Where does the playlist file get copied to on the MP3 player - into which folder? What file format does the playlist use (and what file extension)?

Cheers
    Andrew Mc