Results 1 to 6 of 6
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Points: 1,184, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    smdb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    26
    Points
    1,184
    Level
    9
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    2.1 external audio (analog...and optical)

    hello,
    I own a TV PHILIPS 46PFL5507M and an external analog 2.1 audio amplified.
    I saw in the FAQ that there are no analog audio outputs on my TV. Trying to use the output of the output 'headphones' that is not easy to use because, even excluding from the menu the TV's internal speakers, to change the volume level of the headphones/speakers every time you have to get into a lot of sub-menus.... anything but easy and usable.

    I would therefore oriented to buy an audio system (2.1) with digital inputs to take advantage by the TV's optical output. Before making the above mentioned purchase I would like a confirmation, whether or not, that the TV's remote control adjust the audio output of the volume levels on optical DIGITAL AUDIO OUT.

    thank you in advance for your answeres,
    Fabio

    P.S. any suggestion to be able to use the 2.1 analog speakers (and avoid unnecessary purchases) is welcome

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Points: 18,378, Level: 41
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,124
    Points
    18,378
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by smdb View Post
    hello,
    I own a TV PHILIPS 46PFL5507M and an external analog 2.1 audio amplified.
    I saw in the FAQ that there are no analog audio outputs on my TV. Trying to use the output of the output 'headphones' that is not easy to use because, even excluding from the menu the TV's internal speakers, to change the volume level of the headphones/speakers every time you have to get into a lot of sub-menus.... anything but easy and usable.

    I would therefore oriented to buy an audio system (2.1) with digital inputs to take advantage by the TV's optical output. Before making the above mentioned purchase I would like a confirmation, whether or not, that the TV's remote control adjust the audio output of the volume levels on optical DIGITAL AUDIO OUT.

    thank you in advance for your answeres,
    Fabio

    P.S. any suggestion to be able to use the 2.1 analog speakers (and avoid unnecessary purchases) is welcome
    Hi Smdb,

    The optical digital output of the TV will always send a constant audio volume. It is not possible to adjust the audio level for this output on the TV.

    For an external sound setup I would advise to use the volume control on your amplifier.

    Best regards,
    Ina

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Points: 1,184, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    smdb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    26
    Points
    1,184
    Level
    9
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    thx Ina, and what about HDMI ARC audio? It have the same behaviour of digital out?

    thx in advance

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Points: 18,378, Level: 41
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,124
    Points
    18,378
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by smdb View Post
    thx Ina, and what about HDMI ARC audio? It have the same behaviour of digital out?

    thx in advance
    Hi Smdb,

    The volume controls on your remote is basically only usable with the TVs internal speakers. It does not control the volume output through any ports.

    Having said that however, with an HDMI or HDMI ARC connection you can activate Easylink (HDMI-CEC) and control the external device's basic features through the TV. In a sense using the TVs remote control to adjust the volume of the external device, if compatible.

    Best regards,
    Ina

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Points: 1,184, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    smdb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    26
    Points
    1,184
    Level
    9
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    external device...like this? PHILIPS HTL3120/12

    http://www.philips.it/c/sistemi-home...AF.app121-drp2

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Points: 18,378, Level: 41
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Philips - Ina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,124
    Points
    18,378
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 104 Times in 88 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by smdb View Post
    external device...like this? PHILIPS HTL3120/12

    http://www.philips.it/c/sistemi-home...AF.app121-drp2

    Hi Smdb,

    Yes, such as that

    Best regards,
    Ina

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Philips - Ina For This Useful Post:

    smdb (07-12-2013)

Similar Topics

  1. 42PFL5405H/12 PC to HDMI no analog Audio
    By shaidey in forum TV: Connectivity
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 08:38 AM
  2. Lossless audio NOT over analog outputs ?
    By maumau in forum Blu-ray: BDP8000 Series
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 07:17 PM
  3. Stuttering audio (optical) with 42PFL7606/12
    By svenholman in forum TV: Connectivity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 09:58 AM
  4. 221T1: Analog audio out - how?
    By 240GL in forum TV: Connectivity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 09:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •