Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Dynamic Contrast Issue on PFL5008K/12

Hi guys,

I have a very annoying issue with this TV.

After setting the TV and picture settings as I wanted, I noticed a very weird thing. This TV has a Dynamic Contrast feature which is controlled by the Pixel Plus HD system. Naturally I turned this feature off because I don't like the way it handles the colors.

Anyway, for some reason, even with the feature turned off on the Picture settings menu, it still reactivates itself EVERY TIME I switch the TV to 3D mode or when I turn it on.

I actually have to go into the menu, enable the feature and disable it again to make the problem go away.

I read a bit and managed to get into the service menu by clicking [*removed by moderator*] and I saw that there is a list of 15 options you can set.

I understand that in order to disable Dynamic Contrast completely, one of these decimal values needs to be changed, I just don't know which option in the menu and which Bit is responsible for this specific feature.

Did anyone else experience this issue with this TV and can help me rid myself of this? I'm actually considering taking the TV back to the store and getting a different brand if this issue could not be resolved.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Philips - Ina; 07-08-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Removed service menu code

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zachn View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a very annoying issue with this TV.

After setting the TV and picture settings as I wanted, I noticed a very weird thing. This TV has a Dynamic Contrast feature which is controlled by the Pixel Plus HD system. Naturally I turned this feature off because I don't like the way it handles the colors.

Anyway, for some reason, even with the feature turned off on the Picture settings menu, it still reactivates itself EVERY TIME I switch the TV to 3D mode or when I turn it on.

I actually have to go into the menu, enable the feature and disable it again to make the problem go away.

I read a bit and managed to get into the service menu by clicking [*removed by moderator*] and I saw that there is a list of 15 options you can set.

I understand that in order to disable Dynamic Contrast completely, one of these decimal values needs to be changed, I just don't know which option in the menu and which Bit is responsible for this specific feature.

Did anyone else experience this issue with this TV and can help me rid myself of this? I'm actually considering taking the TV back to the store and getting a different brand if this issue could not be resolved.

Thanks!

Hi Zachn,

Please be aware that the service menu is designed for authorised service personnel only. Using the service menu without the required knowledge can easily cause irreversable damage to the TV. Besides this, using the service menu can also voids the warranty of the TV.

I have therefore edited your post and removed the menu command.

Should you wish to calibrate the picture of your TV further than the user menus allow, please contact a service professional.

However, thank you for the feedback regarding the picture settings. Just to clarify:
    You have disabled the Dynamic Contrast feature, but it appears to be enabled again every time the TV returns from standby, correct?

Best regards,
    Ina

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Ina,

Thanks for the reply, yes that's correct. The same thing happens when I switch to 3D and back to 2D, and I can't get rid of it.

It ruins the image for me and it's very annoying, I have a tech coming on Wednesday to take a look at it, is there anything you can do to help me with this in the meantime?

Thanks

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zachn View Post
    Hi Ina,

Thanks for the reply, yes that's correct. The same thing happens when I switch to 3D and back to 2D, and I can't get rid of it.

It ruins the image for me and it's very annoying, I have a tech coming on Wednesday to take a look at it, is there anything you can do to help me with this in the meantime?

Thanks

Hi Zachn,

My apologies for the late reply.

I just wanted to let you know that I have forwarded this information on to development.

Best regards,
    Ina