07-10-2013, 12:44 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
- Rep Power
Extend your Ambilight experience beyond your TV with the new Ambilight+hue app.
What is it:
Using your Philips Ambilight TV in combination with the Philips "hue" LED light bulbs (http://www.meethue.com/en-US), this app creates a complete new light experience in your TV room! After connecting to your Ambilight TV and hue light bulbs, it will extend the Ambilight colours to the selected hue light bulbs.
Simply drag and drop the lights to set their location and watch their colours match your Ambilight television! Adjust the experience according to your preferences with the sliders. The hue light bulbs return to their initial colour and brightness when the experience is turned off.
Check this cool video made by international VJ, lighting icon and Ambilight fan Ruben van Leer:
Please share Ruben's enthusiasm (and our pride) with as many people as possible.....
To get started you'll need:
- Philips Ambilight TV (2011 model or newer, type number 6 or higher in xxPFLxxx6).
- Philips Ambilight TV connected to your home network.
- Philips “hue” personal wireless lighting system starter pack.
Things to take note off:
- In case of an incoming call, the Ambilight+hue experience will pause.
- For the best experience and the latest fixes (performance, connectivity and responsiveness), download the latest TV software via your TV (supported models) or from the Philips support website (http://www.support.philips.com/suppo...ale_org=global).
The minimum SW version requirements for the specific TV ranges are:
- 2013 (5xx8): v2.015 (or later).
- 2013 (6/7/8/9xx8): v64.18 (or later).
- 2012 (6/7/8/9xx7): v150.87 (or later).
- 2011 (7/8/9xx6): v14.104 (or later).
Note:The combination of older TV software with the Ambilight+hue App might result in an unpredicted behaviour of the TV and/or App.
Enjoy and share the experience:
Let us know what you think! There is a feedback button in the app (be sure your email account is set up on your phone), or post it here.
Last edited by Philips; 07-24-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Updated link to YT movie.Forum Mod
By Skeeve in forum TV: OtherReplies: 2Last Post: 11-01-2012, 08:34 PM
By Lafaurie80 in forum TV: OtherReplies: 1Last Post: 08-15-2012, 02:15 PM
By sarxer in forum Blu-ray: BDP7000 SeriesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2012, 07:40 AM
By arcadia_be in forum TV: SoftwareReplies: 3Last Post: 07-29-2011, 12:06 PM